Sport Bikes banner

Joplin Area

5K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  possumblaster 
#1 ·
I just moved to the Joplin area and am wondering if there are any meet up spots or group rides I can hook up with. If not, maybe we can organize something on this board.

Also, are I'd appreceate any info on local twistys, if there are any.

Thanks

#3 ·
Hi. I am from NW Arkansas. Joplin is kinda an isolated city from hilly roads, but you'll find that there are some nice roads in the Ozarks. Honestly, some of the nicer roads are in AR. It may be a long ride, but if you single out a nice weekend its worth it. The roads heading to Branson can get mighty tricky as well. Very scenic through Kimberly and Table Rock Lake. I live in Bentonville and the roads outside the town are stunning. The run to Eureka Springs is an all time favorite of the locals, there are a few routes to get there too. Honestly, I love this area because of these roads. Im a college student so I dont travel around the country much, but I've always wanted to ride new roads outside the state. There are lots of good roads in the SW Missouri and NW Arkansas. You just gotta explore!

Oh, and if you're looking for someone to ride with if you're ever down here, hit me and my buds up! We love riding with others!

:cheers

#9 · (Edited)
Friday and Saturday nights everyone meets up at 21st and Main in Joplin at 9:30. There are usually around 15-20 bikes.

I ride with them once in a while.

If you want to do some real riding on a Sunday send me an email to possumblaster@hotmail.com

I ride with a couple guys and we ride to Noel, MO and Eureka Springs, AR almost every weekend. If you still need to learn the good routes send me an email.

A couple of quick favorites: HWY 90 from Noel to Washburn
HWY 86 from intersection of 76/86 (near Cassville) to Eagle Rock
HWY 112 to/thru roaring river
HWY 62 west out of Eureka Springs, AR
HWY E from Longview, MO to intersection of HWY E / HWY 90

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.