Sport Bikes banner

Johnny Rock Page

7K views 50 replies 17 participants last post by  binx_19 
#1 ·
once is an understandable mistake, but twice, this guy is a complete tool.

After Saturday's Superbike race, Larry Pegram and Johnny Rock Page had words in the pit area over the events transpiring during final laps of the Superbike race, plus the cool-off lap. Pegram contended Page blocked him, causing Pegram to lose out on fourth place to Ben Bostrom.

Words were exchanged, as were offers to settle it with fists behind the semis. Eventually, both riders filed protsets against the other.

Earlier this year, Page was suspended at Mid-Ohio. The following brouhaha made it to YouTube. We'll see where this one ends up.
cant wait to see his video about this one, and how it is going to be edited to portray him as a victim.

#4 ·
i am going to have to go ahead and say you are full of shit about larry, i have not personally met him, but he was very friendly to the NESBA midcentral when he was in topeka.

#8 · (Edited)
he has an online reality show

With an entourage consisting of Page's witty, supermodel wife, Ladena, their three daughters and son, and Page's over the top gay personal assistant/close family friend Ruben, who seems to bring married men out of the closet, the show follows how they all live their dysfunctional lives at home and travel across America as Page chases down the dream of becoming a Superbike racer and celebrity. Not a race show, or your typical
reality show, "My Daddy Johnny Rock Page Has Gone Crazy" is about the journey of a person crazy enough to go after all of his dreams, no matter what the cost.
Aside from his life as a racer and family man, the cameras follow Page's launch of Johnny Rock Page Clothing, his lavish lifestyle consisting of celebrity friends who make various guest appearances on the show, Page attending high-profile events, working with the media and walking red carpets and in some cases going where most reality shows won't dare to go!

"As Johnny explains "I told my wife and kids that if we're going to live in a glass window, let's let the viewers in from all angles, keep it real. Not just with good, loving, and beautiful moments, but also the ugly, drama filled moments that we normally wouldn't let anyone see."
New Reality Show - "My Daddy Johnny Rock Page Has Gone Crazy"

for some reason, i can only watch the first episode... damn

#9 ·
#10 ·
once is an understandable mistake, but twice, this guy is a complete tool.

cant wait to see his video about this one, and how it is going to be edited to portray him as a victim.
It isn't even once or twice. People have been bitching about him for at least 2 years. Miguel Duhamel complained about him several times, especially during qualifying sessions last year and possibly the year before. I believe both Bostroms commented on him last year also.

He has the nickname of "Johnny Roadblock" in the AMA paddock.

People that were there said it was questionable if Pegram would have been able to even get the chance to pass for the last spot on the box, but that sealed it. Also, they said it was very obvious when the blue flags were being shown. The area it happened in was another tight spot with no good place to move out of the way or for Pegram to pass. Just like Mid Ohio, except this time JRP wasn't trying to race with the leaders as they passed.

All in all, it sounds like the enforcement was spotty in this case and it actually was one of those racing situations that can happen. He (JRP) had been moving out of the way every time prior over the weekend.

The announcement was made this morning that JRP was indefinitely suspended. Thus ending a really shyte weekend for him...his hauler broke down less than an hour from home (Phoenix), he had to fly to NJ and wound up renting the bike he was riding. I really don't care for the guy, but you have to feel for him with luck like that.

#12 ·
Maybe, but Pegram isn't holding up the show.

#15 ·
I admire the fact that the guy can go out and qualify for an AMA Pro event, that takes a lot. Still, the guy is more attention whore than anything else, and racing with the leaders as he's being lapped or just plain getting in the way gets him and his sponsors more camera time. That's what it's about to him.

#19 ·
i understand that there's an overall problem with his antics on the track but his story is pretty admirable if you ask me, i guess the way i heard it.. running out of cash, working on his own business, making the money and now, just trying to race.. if i had the loot i'd love to try it as well.

#20 ·
That really is Roger Edmondson.

They have given JRP a lot of slack all year, but technically and according to the rules, he can't be filming for a reality show during a race event. The AMA (DMG) owns the broadcast rights to these events. And by events, it specifies starting with opening of registration until the end of the last interview of the last race of the event.

This is on top of the fact that he's been getting in the way of the frontrunners as long as he's had his license. The events at Mid Ohio were not the beginning of it. DuHamel, the Bostroms, Zemke, Mladin, Hacking have all commented about backmarkers (mostly directed at JRP) getting in the way during races and qualifying.

JRP is an attention whore who wasn't smart enough to realize that after his suspension, people would be watching him even closer. Fair or not, that's how it usually works.

#21 ·
Roger did weigh in, but his explanation leaves a lot to be desired. If this was such an issue for so long, than why not take action during those unspecified incidents? They are punishing him for what he did (or didn't do) last weekend, but then they add the term 'indefinitely' to his suspension because some people have complained that 'he's always been this way'...

That's a lame and childish response. Invite RogerE over here to SBN. I have a few questions to ask him, that he won't answer. I'm over there too, and he's never directly answered me in threads or PMs. Not that I ever expected him too. He's a busy man.

Al Ludington's indefinite suspension was definitely finite.

Finally, as to the issue of full disclosure and transparency. We have no obligation to relate to any of you the details of any transgression and how we handle it other than relating the rule that was violated and the action we took. I have never ducked a question in my motor sports career unless legal action was indicated and then prudence dictates holding your own water. Given that so many were so quick to judge based upon their conclusions it makes you wonder how many other widely held conclusions don't match up to the facts. We can't possibly know, but not everything is everyone's business.
-RogerE
:popcorn <<< biggest bucket I could find.

#22 ·
Roger did weigh in, but his explanation leaves a lot to be desired. If this was such an issue for so long, than why not take action during those unspecified incidents? They are punishing him for what he did (or didn't do) last weekend, but then they add the term 'indefinitely' to his suspension because some people have complained that 'he's always been this way'...

That's a lame and childish response. Invite RogerE over here to SBN. I have a few questions to ask him, that he won't answer. I'm over there too, and he's never directly answered me in threads or PMs. Not that I ever expected him too. He's a busy man.

Al Ludington's indefinite suspension was definitely finite.

:popcorn <<< biggest bucket I could find.
So, you're saying that since the AMA of old did nothing about Johnny Roadblock going back to his rookie season that the new administration should just throw up their hands and give him a pass? Say "what do you want us to do, the precedence has been set"? I don't think so. He should have counted his blessings and changed his ways, especially after he was given another chance this year. He should have also expected people to be watching him like a hawk.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't pull his credentials at the gate in response to his YouTube video. What Al Luddington did was unprofessional, but what Johnny did was detrimental to the series and the sponsors. I think that while it really wasn't Al's place at the time to dress JRP down, someone needed to do it. Where he was dead wrong was in making the threat to not pass the bike through tech the next day.

Al's punishment fit the crime. None of us know what kind of ass chewing Al got back at the office. For all we know, he got a bonus check for stepping up and dressing JRP down the way he did.

Another point to consider is that JRP was recording video for his reality show at an event that someone else had full broadcast rights to, very possibly without proper permission.

#23 ·
Also, Al's suspension was indefinite. There was no timeframe attached when it was announced. His boss later decided what that time was. With the announcement as it was, Al could have been given the ass-chewing of his life that evening and been reinstated the next day. It was completely his boss' call, nobody else. As it turned out, he sat at home for Topeka.

With all of the bitching Al heard over the years from Miguel over RJP's rolling roadblock, it's really not surprising he'd had enough of it.

#24 ·
Wait...could anyone clear a little the history for me? From this thread I have gathered that JRP is one of those guys that has money to burn, so he got into professional racing, but he is pretty much off the pace of anyone on the grid?

Oh, and that his wife is pretty hot. I'd smash.

#25 ·
The guy is good enough to qualify for the AMA grid which takes some doing, but he was usually real near the cutoff. That's why he was being lapped so often.

#28 ·
So? That's what the AMA/DMG has become. They make the cutoff, I believe it's 108% of pole time, they make the show, they fill the grid.

I would love to see a grid of full factory and satellite teams at every race. SBK has managed to attract that type of field. AMA/DMG will never see that happen here. There is zero incentive for that type of investment or involvement in this series as it stands now. So, what we're left with is a grid filled with privateers, losing money for the chance to race in the Big bush leagues, and paying for it by club racing.

#34 ·
Oh, and this weekend's disciplinary action was not only due to his getting in the way of a race again, but for a very public confrontation in the pits after the race.

And FWIW, I think Pegram should be sanctioned in some way for his part in said altercation.

#37 ·
I thought Pietri was also somewhat injury related (Just coming back, didn't want to risk more injury). I could be wrong.

#38 ·
And he'll never understand the second part of the rule.:eek:nfloor

#45 ·
well if you look at my original post about it, i did not say anything about him being an attention whore. great detective skills skooter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.