Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Joe rocket tail bag. It fits great and looks good, great storage. There is one negative. It is a pain to get on and off the bike with it on. End result, I will use my saddle bags most of the time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Whats so bad about it? Is it just a bunch of straps or does it not fit right?
Lets see some pics if you got 'em.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes

Yes it is a pain to mount and dismount the bike, as the bag is pretty tall and the bike is already on the tall side, at least for me.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cavi said:
Yes it is a pain to mount and dismount the bike, as the bag is pretty tall and the bike is already on the tall side, at least for me.

You may want to consider using the side stand more often. That way you can put your left foot on the left foot peg and then raise your right leg up and over the bag, just like getting on a horse.

Then simply rock the bike forward when you are ready to go, that's what I do when I have the Eclipse system on the bike and fully loaded.

Skippy

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good tip!

Thanks, I gues you meean the center stand not the side stand... Iwill give it a try.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the saddlebags are from JCwhitney, they are rally pack. They were cheep but are good looking and functional and noot too big, and they have not melted yet!!!
The Bars are LSL drag bars, made from aluminum, they put me in a slightly more leaned position, so that the weight is not on my lower back, I had a lower back injury 2 years ago.

·
Registered
155 Posts
13.5 x 10 x 10 is perfect for my laptop and still has room for my lunch. :)

Where did you buy it and for what price? Thanks! (edit: If you bought it online.)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought it from Chaparal, but don't remember the price, I think it was around 89. Also check outh the coretech, they have one that is not quite that high, and has matching sidebags, but if you are interested I might sell you my Joe Rocket.. PM me if you are interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts