Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've discovered a neat little trick involving the monster.com website....

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
my resume was on that stupid site for 2 years and didnt get a call. Either my resume sucks or no one want s a tech these days :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FUNNY thing.... it's not even a hack... buddy told me about it, if you log onto the site as a "job poster" / "job seeker" NOT as an employer, then you can go to the link that is titled: Manage Resume(s) / Resume Manager [whichever country or version you are looking at]... under the manage resume section there are various links that say:

new delete copy edit etc. etc. one of them says: renew

If you click this link your resume is "auto-updated" on their site as "newly posted"... the maximum update interval is once per day [24 hrs].... if you look at your resume either posted when you first login or once you go thru the manage resumes link, there is a view counter shown at the right of the resume title. Every time I've gone in and "renewed" my resume.... the counter goes up by anywhere from 10 to 50 hits per instance.

Low and behold since I've started doing this, my voicemail and email inbox is FLOODED with people trying to give me jobs / interview.

I'm guessing, without seeing the system design for myself, that monster has some type of program running that scoops-up all the fresh resume postings and dumps them into prospective employers hands as "first". Or, similarly, your resume is one of the first they see when they login looking for candidates.......

Good luck job hunting... I'm STILL trying to sort thru the avalanche of messages and emails....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fred said:
my resume was on that stupid site for 2 years and didnt get a call. Either my resume sucks or no one want s a tech these days :)
Hey Fred, off topic, but what is the difference between being a "contributor" vs. sponsor vs. donations vs. other types of web $$ support....

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
I get phone calls once a week and emails all the time from my resume on Monster. Maybe you just don't have the "skills" that people want. I have never heard of that little trick, but I don't really care... Happy where I am.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oober said:
I get phone calls once a week and emails all the time from my resume on Monster. Maybe you just don't have the "skills" that people want. I have never heard of that little trick, but I don't really care... Happy where I am.
Maybe you're just a prodigy.... but, if you were a prodigy AND you're happy where you are, then why do you have a resume on monster??? :bitchslap

I didn't say that I wasn't receiving calls / contacts... :bitchslap I was talking about increasing the volume... buy a clue before you open your mouth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts