Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking a look at my bike, my current mechanic tells me it was not rejetted after the muzzy system was installed. He said the main jets were probably changed, but there are definetly no aftermarket jets on the rest.

So I am going to try this float bowl/emissions removal deal as soon as I get the chance, anything special I should know? When I do that, I will rejet it completely.

·
Registered
475 Posts
If the main jets have been changed, then it's been 'rejetted' regardless of what else has or has not changed. whether or not it was done correctly is another story. Is the bike running properly? are the plugs showing signs of carbon deposits, or too white? these are the things that tell you if it's been jetted right - not just what's been changed inside the carb.

as for the float bowl mod, any of the websites that have step by step pictures should be enough to complete it - nothing special.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it runs good most of the time, but could be better in some ranges, I'd like to do the float bowl mod and scrap all of the emissions stuff

·
Registered
475 Posts
can you be any more specific? like actual rpms? is it running lean/rich? is this directly from idle (~1000rpm)? jetting issues in the lower rpm band (idle to about 4k) are controlled by the mixture (pilot) screws, the pilot jet size and fuel float height mainly. Any higher than that and now you're into needle height adjustments.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got it back from having a valve adjustment and fresh oil/plugs put in... it seems to be running a LOT smoother now, but seems to have alittle less power. I am not sure though because I was not able to ride it that hard on the way home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts