Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...model.

Jet F-14 Model

I want one! But I know they must cost a pretty penny to put together.

·
Registered
926 Posts
thats awesome, i want one! but i want the full size model :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
That thing is badass. I would like to have one of those. I think I would have to start out with less expensive ones first so I didn't crash and burn the first time out.

Wes

·
Registered
389 Posts
That is great... add a camera, long range radio, some cracker rockets & bombs.. wire the controls to a flight-simulator-like interface.. woohoo! I'd make some serious headlines in my hometown.. :D

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
now that's just sick! make mine an f-22!!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
That video does not do those planes justice. To see those in real life is god damn awesome. My dad is in the hobby business and we went to the Top Gun air show in Lakeland, FL. When you hear these planes on the runway waiting to take off and then they spool the turbines up, it gives you goose bumps. And the 200mph+ flyby is pretty good too. Only problem is to get started flying those planes will cost you about $10 to 15,000.00. They are bad ass though.

Here is a link for some good HQ pictures.
http://www.franktiano.com/tg2003photo.htm

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
i saw a vid of a jet b-52 with 8 jets. it is a big plane, iirc the wing span was 15-20 feet. you could not tell it was not a full size plane till there was something to give the pix some scale.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
It could of done with out the music and the bad editing, but WOW!! :eek: that's actually REALLY cool!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
That is friggin awesome! When I was a kid, my dad was really into those remote controlled planes. He bought me one for my birthday one year, I built it, and had it all set up to fly. The first flight, I was doing really really good, and he kept bitching at me to fly it lower. I guess he thought that it would go out of range or someshit. Anywho, I brought it down lower, and ended up hitting the tip of the wing on some corn stalk and it nose dived into the mud and broke into many pieces. I was pretty pissed, and still am for that matter. I want to get another one. It's pretty fun. We used to belong to a little organization that was nothing but model plane freaks, and they had a little runway, and taxi roads all over the place. Some pretty impressive toys out there.

·
Registered
590 Posts
R/c is awesome. I need to get my Heli in the air. Expensive as hell though. The only thing I need for my Heli, is someone to help me set it up and learn to fly it. A better radio would probably help too, but I think this one will work.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
When I was laid up after my MX wreck, I got two RC planes. One is 2/3 together and collecting dust, the other is still in the box. Heck, I'll sell it to ya cheap since both are trainers and I only want the one. Someday, I'll have the room to work on it and get it finished.
I also bought a cool gas powered rally car but wrecked it hard and it's been apart for a year and a half.
I went to the IRL race at Pike's Peak yesterday, and now I want an R/C indy car.
I used to have a couple electrics, but I always liked gas better. They're great fun when out camping, blasting down the dirt roads.
I even had a boat once, but it sank and I lost the entire thing (it was in a river and bye bye went the whole thing)
Always wanted to fly one, now I've got all the stuff, I just need to get it together.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
trayfoe said:
That video does not do those planes justice. To see those in real life is god damn awesome. My dad is in the hobby business and we went to the Top Gun air show in Lakeland, FL. When you hear these planes on the runway waiting to take off and then they spool the turbines up, it gives you goose bumps. And the 200mph+ flyby is pretty good too. Only problem is to get started flying those planes will cost you about $10 to 15,000.00. They are bad ass though.

Here is a link for some good HQ pictures.
http://www.franktiano.com/tg2003photo.htm

Yup, I was gonna say around $12k for that one there. They are insane. I've seen some pictures of them that have cameras mounted in the cockpit and then screens on the controller so that you can tell exactly what orientation the plane is at because it travels so fast sometimes you can lose track of what way it's pointing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just wanna say that a supernerd with an evil streak and a knack for CF/fiberglass work could hook that thing up to a camera, a cell phone, and some M-80's, lighten the body a little, and terrorize neighborhoods from their custom programmed computer interface.

·
Registered
531 Posts
My father use to fly model planes and there were 2 guys with jet planes. Engines run about 3k to 10k depending on what size you get.Took the guys about a year to put them together. Was cool to see them fire up. They'd leave a 15 foot black mark in the grass. Cost them about 30 dollars a flight because of the fuel they had to run.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts