Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lookingin the classifieds the other day and I found a bike that I would like to buy. I went andlooked at it and really liked it. The only thing is it has a stage 3 jet kit on it. Honestly, I have no idea what that is, or what it does to the bike. It sounds pretty drastic, so I thought that I would get some info on them. What exactly is it and what does it do? Is there different stages to it and what is the differenc. I know this a total newb question, but I figured I needed to know before I did anythign stupid.

·
Registered
912 Posts
What kinda bike was it? State 3 jet kits usually are for higher hp bikes with significant mods done to them

·
Registered
681 Posts
linuxbikr said:
As a total newb, I don't recommend the FZR to start on. There are better starter bikes (read: under 600cc).
Yes, plenty of them.....and get one as stock as possible. Stage 3 jets are for seriously modded bikes.....and more bike than you should be looking for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put a stage one jet kit (a lesser mod) on my CBR900 and it made a significant difference in power and I could not imagine doing that as newb, let alone a stage 3. Save that for your third bike.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
I think some of you guys need to lighten up a little. Mike asked a legimate question that showed a concern that he might be getting in over his head. I also find it curious that no one answered what "stage 3" means. I have no clue either and always assumed it was just marketing hype for different size jets. :confused:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have a stage 1 on my f2. I noticed a huge difference in power. I can't even imagine how a stage 3 would affect it. I would like to find out though.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
OK, here's the link from DynoJet:
http://www.dynojet.com/carbjet.shtml
I still think the only differences are jet sizes needed for various pipe and airbox mods.

Claimed perfomance improvemetns for Stage 3 are 10-15%.

·
Registered
394 Posts
My bike has a second stage jet kit. The mother frocker is damn fast. Scary at times.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Mmm...Stage 7...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts