Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I just want to jump through the screen and strangle like 90% of the fucking idiots there.

Thank you SBN for not raising my blood pressure like they do. I'll take a dozen JetFalcons over a random pick of any dozen of them.
I know exactly how you feel. I got downvoted well over 8 times because a dude bought an R1 for his first bike and was planning on racing it so I commented saying I'd do a year of trackdays until he was comfortable in advanced group and running within a few seconds of the race lap times. /r/motorcycles didn't like that

And everytime I say anything negative about the FZ09 I get downvoted into oblivion. It's kind of fun. Then you get the guys that changed their air filter and think they're expert bike mechanics.

I 100% agree they're a bunch of idiots and they raise my bp through the roof. I should avoid it.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Yeah... I'm subbed to /r/motorcycles, but I almost never post. It's a retardfest.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
so it's like being a sane, logical, knowledgeable rider in the physical world then. . .

I'll avoid it.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Now they all think 199/month for 72 months is a good deal on a Ducati. Who the fuck takes out a 6 year loan on a motorcycle? Good luck with full coverage for 6 years (probably 200/month) and 200/month for maintenance/tires in riding season.

GOD DAMMIT THEY'RE SO FUCKING STUPID IT HURTS

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
No way he rode in those fancy shoes, the left one isn't scuffed up at all!

I tried using Reddit a few years ago, but the format is retarded and most of the posters seemed like middle school kids and college dudebros.

Maybe I'm old, but I prefer a topic specific, classic forum.

·
Registered
917 Posts
There's also /r/calamariraceteam that think /r/motorcycles is too safety oriented.

There are occasionally good posts over there, but a lot of people will give you a hard time if you recommend a Ninja 250 for a first bike, recommend against a supersport/superbike, or recommend wearing more gear.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
There is next to zero knowledge passed on over there. I just go for the pictures and the arguments.

You can spend an hour explaining to somebody how a timing diagram works, and why it's not a good idea to advance the timing on their Grom, and some 15 year old who is lying about even owning a bike will come along and say something stupid and ruin any info you pass on.

Proof positive that if you put a million monkeys in a room with a million typewriters, somebody is going to make a post about ATGATT.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
this is very similar to the riding group I frequent on facebook. 13,000 odd members, and 3/4 of them ride dirtbikes, quads, and sleds without helmets.

hell, a couple of BRC SAFETY INSTRUCTORS on there do not advocate wearing more than a helmet.

it's a joke.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts