Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Wanna-be racer
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some help jersey! before we all get out of this forum to ride for the season i need some help getting some new routes (good ones) i live in union county full time and we have a shore house in manahawkin (LBI) that i go to in the summer when i can. i need some good roads/routes to ride on up here, down there, and inbetween!

someone recommend me some routes! and if anyone knows of good places to ride anywhere between toms river and tuckerton (even further south) let me know.. i need some good spots when i go down there!

·
Registered
461 Posts
i need some help jersey! before we all get out of this forum to ride for the season i need some help getting some new routes (good ones) i live in union county full time and we have a shore house in manahawkin (LBI) that i go to in the summer when i can. i need some good roads/routes to ride on up here, down there, and inbetween!

someone recommend me some routes! and if anyone knows of good places to ride anywhere between toms river and tuckerton (even further south) let me know.. i need some good spots when i go down there!
Im in middlesex county and ride in the flemington area alot nice roads.I would suggest hooking up with these guys http://www.tristatesportbikes.com/vb3/and go out on their group rides.My schdule is funky so I never really get to go out with them.They do know where all of the decent routes are though.You have to wake up at the break of dawn,cause they leave early...

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
+1 tssb, they have a group ride "Beginner friendly" on April 27th? I know it's a long ways off. But other guys there ride a lot in the sussex area. Try to meet up with them and they'll show you some fun roads.

·
Wanna-be racer
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm trying to get out this coming sunday march 29. its supposed to rain saturday and be like 50 on sunday. i rode today for a while, not as warm as i had hoped but wasn't too bad to ride around for about an hour... i need to find new spots to ride though, i'm getting tired of going to the same places!

·
Registered
461 Posts
i'm trying to get out this coming sunday march 29. its supposed to rain saturday and be like 50 on sunday. i rode today for a while, not as warm as i had hoped but wasn't too bad to ride around for about an hour... i need to find new spots to ride though, i'm getting tired of going to the same places!
i got out for a minute today too it was chilly out. If the ground dries out by mid tomorrow Im going out it going to be 60

·
Wanna-be racer
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got out for a minute today too it was chilly out. If the ground dries out by mid tomorrow Im going out it going to be 60
i wish i could ride tomorrow if it was going to be nice.. i heard it was supposed to rain but regardless i have class from 9-2 then work from 3-1030so i'm beat.. trying to finish up the last few months of college is really wearing me out, and hindering my riding time!

·
Registered
461 Posts
i wish i could ride tomorrow if it was going to be nice.. i heard it was supposed to rain but regardless i have class from 9-2 then work from 3-1030so i'm beat.. trying to finish up the last few months of college is really wearing me out, and hindering my riding time!
I wouldnt even worry about riding if i were close to being done with school.You have all the time in the world after your done.Its when you start having Kids when your riding time gets screwy.

·
Wanna-be racer
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wouldnt even worry about riding if i were close to being done with school.You have all the time in the world after your done.Its when you start having Kids when your riding time gets screwy.
Riding is the only thing that takes me away from the stress of school and the bullshit of work. Its weird but when I'm riding its really the only time I feel good/relaxed

·
Shut the **** up and ride
5,031 Posts
it was beautiful in my part of jersey yesterday, i rode for about 3 hours and was pissed after i couldnt ride anymore due to installing my exhaust which didnt include the bracket to mount it to the passenger footpeg so its sitting in the garage till later this week when i get that part sent to me. how lame..

·
Wanna-be racer
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i went for a quick ride and ended up in the watchung reservoir the roads have a lot of gravel from the shitty patch jobs.Be careful if you head over there.
where is the watchung reservoir? i usually ride the reservation up there its a few minutes from where i live.. there's two sections that are horrible with bumps, grooves, pot holes, and a shit load of gravel.. aside from that it's usually ok to ride

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.