Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, but it's time to go. Why diminish all his greatness by begging for work? Go back to SF for one day and retire. Any thoughts?
 

·
SBN's bad luck charm
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Yeah, no shite, just retire man!! The guy is already a unanimous HOF decision.

I'd agree with ya on the "go back to SF for one day and retire" thing. Hang it up already, Rice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
Poor guy. It sucks to get old.
Who else can you think of that needs to hang it up?
Is Vinny Testaverde still playing? :lao
 

·
You got that right.
Joined
·
10,228 Posts
Farve probably should consider retiring. I think he wants the "ring" though, I think he did get one in 1997 though (damn him against my Pats!). I love watching Farve though, esp. with all the stuff life has thrown in his way over the past few years, lots of trajedy, but he always pulls-through.

Agreed on Rice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,407 Posts
Rice should definitly retire. After last season with the Seahawks, why would anybody want him. One hard hit on that 40+ year old body and he'll be carried off.
That whole thing about resigning with your original team for one day to retire is stupid. Just retire with the team that cared enough to get you one last shot.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bipolar said:
That whole thing about resigning with your original team for one day to retire is stupid. Just retire with the team that cared enough to get you one last shot.
I don't think it's stupid. It gives the fans of the city that supported and cheered for him the majority of his a career a last chance to say goodbye and thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,407 Posts
busarider54 said:
I don't think it's stupid. It gives the fans of the city that supported and cheered for him the majority of his a career a last chance to say goodbye and thanks.
It's a one day deal and he never puts on a uniform, what's in it for the fans? Rice was and always will be a 49er no matter where he played
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Believe it or not, but Rice is still one of the better recievers in the NFL today. Although, his numbers might not show it, but his hands are better than most recievers. If Denver picks him up, than good for him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,407 Posts
F4iMVB said:
Believe it or not, but Rice is still one of the better recievers in the NFL today. Although, his numbers might not show it, but his hands are better than most recievers. If Denver picks him up, than good for him.
What game are you watching? Rice is nowhere close to being a good reciever in the league.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,390 Posts
I don't think Rice is anywhere near being one of the top wideouts in the league anymore. But I do believe that he can still play and that he still has a lot to offer. Especially to a team that has some young wideouts that lack leadership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,407 Posts
Jake said:
I don't think Rice is anywhere near being one of the top wideouts in the league anymore. But I do believe that he can still play and that he still has a lot to offer. Especially to a team that has some young wideouts that lack leadership.
In the league now a days the youngs guys think there are the shit as soon as they hit the league. Most teams don't have room on the roster to keep a mentor.
 

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
Joined
·
20,262 Posts
I thought SF wasn't going to sign him so he could retire?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
556 Posts
Rascus said:
I thought SF wasn't going to sign him so he could retire?

+1???
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top