Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate people like this. :pisson

He's complaining that he lost a few million last year? Under the guise of "doing it for the fans?" Give me a break. I was hoping to go to a few NHL games when they came back, I'm definately rethinking that...

http://www.jeremy-roenick.com/roenicknews144.htm

Later in the interview, Roenick said, "If people are going to sit and chastise professional athletes for making a lot of money and being (brown-nosers) and being spoiled and being cocky - they need to look at one thing and that's to look at the deal that we are probably going to end up signing in the next three weeks.

"And they better understand that pro athletes are not cocky. Pro athletes care about the game . . . Everybody out there who calls us spoiled because we play a game - they can all kiss my (expletive). They can all kiss my (expletive)."

"I will say personally, personally, to everybody who calls us spoiled, you guys are just jealous, and screw you guys, because we have tried so hard to try to get this game back on the ice . . . We are trying to get this game back on the ice to make it better for the fans. And if you don't realize that, then don't come. We don't want you in the rink, we don't want you in the stadium, we don't want you to watch hockey. Period."

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
fuck the nhl players :pisson , fuck the nhlpa :pisson , fuck the nhl owners :pisson , and fuck Gary Bettman :pisson .
oh yea and fuck you Jeremy Roenick, get a job in the real world motherfucker.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
tell us how you REALLY feel, come on, just let it out. :lol

·
Registered
813 Posts
doesn't matter if I agree with him or not..

Good for him.. he has the right to say how he feels..

If people don't like it - don't go to his games and don't listen to him.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BrownRob said:
doesn't matter if I agree with him or not..

Good for him.. he has the right to say how he feels..

If people don't like it - don't go to his games and don't listen to him.
First point is dead on. We get mad at political and sports figures, and such for NOT telling the truth and beating around the bush. Then we flame them for when they do. But this is one situation where he should've lied. They are arguing over ridiculous, lucrative and excessive contracts, laced with these incentives that make them instant millionaires. :rolleyes

However, and second point... we are the fans. We have to listen to this because that's what the cameras are on. Hockey fans everywhere are begging for a return to ice and then this asshat of a hockey player has to make comments like this. What he said was the complete WRONG answer. He and fellow union players got schooled during negotiations. They should've taken the previous offer... hindsight is always 20-20 Jeremy. :pisson

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
That guy's a prick. Did he forget where the money comes from that pays his salary? If the fans do as he says and not go to the games, he will be out millions of dollars. Most of those guys are set for life with the money they have now. If they cared about the game as much as he says, then there would have been an NHL season. Cry me a freakin' river...

I'm not a big hockey fan but I over heard what he said on the news and it was the dumbest thing I have ever heard an athlete say.

·
Registered
181 Posts
bpmull said:
That guy's a prick. Did he forget where the money comes from that pays his salary? If the fans do as he says and not go to the games, he will be out millions of dollars. Most of those guys are set for life with the money they have now. If they cared about the game as much as he says, then there would have been an NHL season. Cry me a freakin' river...

I'm not a big hockey fan but I over heard what he said on the news and it was the dumbest thing I have ever heard an athlete say.
Agreed....I used to love hockey...after watching them sit out a whole year...forget that show. I won't ever go to another game, won't even watch the crap on TV. If they cared about the fans they would have done whatever they could, made sacrifices, and just played the game.

I'd love to see NIL fans sit out the whole year if they do come back. Send them a message.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I usually like JR, but this is pretty bad. I understand "if you don't like it dont come", but they were cry babies/spoiled. Hockey isn't that popular in the states yet, and that is the market they are trying to get to pay the bills. I can't say weather or not I am going to support the NHL when it comes back. But I will still watch minor league hockey becuase those guys are playing for the love of them game and/or the are hungry and trying to make it furhter.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Now ain't the time to be pissing on the hockey fans anymore than they(NHL) already have. He should have just given the same ole statement that they all give and went on his way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts