Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's my race report.

The weekend went rather well considering it rained for most of it. We pulled into town on Friday and settled in for practice on Saturday. When we got to the track Saturday morning, the conditions were deteriorating fast. And then came the rain.....and it stayed for the rest of the day.

With rumors of clear skies on Sunday, we felt pretty good. That was not the case. Before our first race, the sky fell out. Time to put on the rain tires.

Now, having never run rain tires I was unsure of their grip. I headed out for my first race. I eased into trusting them, but then I just gave in. If you've never tried out a set rains, do it! Dragging a knee in the pouring rain has to be one of the coolest experiences EVER! I ended up 10th in that race (GTU).

The next race was the Middleweight Supersport race. The skies continued to rain down on us, so I kept the rain tires on. This race I gained even more confidence in the tires and brought it home in 9th. I was having fun!

Next up was the Heavyweight Supersport race. Feeling good, ready to go, but no rain. The track was still wet, so I kept the rains on. Chasing down 7th place (Greg Melka), and feeling like I had it, I didn't understand what rain tires would do with a drying track. Coming out of T8 on the last lap, I lost the rear. Down I went and did my best "slide it into home" impression! :D I ran over to the bike, got it fired and made it to the stripe in 13th.

My next race was Middleweight Superbike. This race was filled with talent! Lots of fast guys. I battled it out and came in 16th.

Overall I feel it was a great weekend and I'm really looking forward to the next Jennings race (May 3-4).

:cheers

Attachments

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that the milk man being passed by the Gov.......:eek: Tell me there was a yellow flag!!
No yellow flag, we were green. It had to be one of the sweetest feelings for me personally. It's OK though, as it was a wet track and rain tends to equalize. If it were dry I doubt that would have happened. :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
This race I gained even more confidence in the tires and brought it home in 9th.
That's an understatement.....I was behind you for a couple laps in the MWSS and you turned on the afterburners and was gone!

I ended up 14th in GTU, 12th in MWSS and 3rd in F40. Can't wait to go back next month....gonna plan on a three day and do the Friday practice as well.

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
Was going to ask if that was melka being passed by the gov to... WOW bro, you are moving it out there. Keep up the good work bro!!! :bowdown

·
Registered
470 Posts
Can't wait to go back next month....gonna plan on a three day and do the Friday practice as well.
Dammn, this is my first post in months. But I agree Mike, were planning a (3) day weekend next month. For those that didn't have the privaledge sp? of attending, the Gov is on fire. Running 1:24's in the rain is bad azz in my book :dblthumb As far as me, i'm still slow. I'll be in the Formula 40 class next month. :boink

·
Registered
533 Posts
Good to see you doing good B.

What's up L-Town

Sitting here in TX and wishin I was back in the Sunshine state.

But hey, found a cool beach road to run Highway 87 South to Galvaston, (if you can still call it a road)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey Kenny! I still owe you for the tire warmers!!! Get home soon.

Gov, that's some impressive photography. Lens must be used by nasa to get those pics! Seeing a Melka pass in sequence was cool!!!

I just got my bike (07 GSXR 600) I traded in the 1000. Cant wait to get it to the track! Still have a lot of work on it though.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
good write up and pics - look on the bright side - rain = no gnats :eek:nfloor

sounds like you had a blast - congrats :beer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts