Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jaime please keep us updated on the plastics dillema. I know some of my FL boys are working on getting together and getting the skins for you :)! But please keep us updated. I know the other thread got closed, not going to comment on that, so I started a new thread. I think it's only fair the other members know what the deal is and if the situation has been resolved or not. Also, Chinygal please don't let the super mod's response discourage you from posting in our forum, EVERYONE is welcome here :D!!!

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
kewl news :dblthumb

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Cort, I LOVE YOU!!! WOW! Thank you so much for helping me out. Here's a copy of the email I got- he replied to my email, and a copy of that is included as well. I told him I understood having a baby but NOT being able to even respond to my emails? I don't buy that. He seems mad that our fellow SBN'ers took things into their own hands- but he is the one that asked for that. It's not like the baby was a surprise- they take nine months to cook, you know!! So he had at least SOME warning that a baby was entering his life... so why he didn't plan accordingly...
I'm sorry about my whining, but any bike lover, whether she's been riding for months or years, will cry when she can't ride... and whine... I was ONLY upset because I had bought from a supposedly dead-beat seller. I knew the risk of an internet sale, and like an adult I entered into that risk. It was absolutely AWESOME that my fellow sbn'ers helped me to get these parts back. Artistimo and I tried very hard to get this guy to respond- we were both emailing him- but it took a knock on his door, evidently, to get him to respond. SO, I owe a HUGE thanks to EVERYONE from FLORIDA... and Cort for her generosity and kindness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie
Sorry for the delay. Ive had alot on my plate. I
dont like the email sent and if you only knew allfe
the buisness that i do on here you would definitly
understand. Everything stopped because of the baby and
ive gotten backed up on shipping things out. I have
alot of dignity and i do honor my customers promptly.
You definitly were not singled out. My references go
beyond and alot of the stuff that other sellers sell ,
originaly comes through me! Anyways enough with the
BS. I could care less if you need anything else and
dont buy from me again. I found your email really
rude. I threw in a windscreen for the inconveinience.
Your parts will be in WI on tuesday sometime. Have
fun and be safe. Oh i need you to clear up the problem
with Paypal to please.

--- Jaime wrote:

> Jeff Novak,
>
> I realize your girlfriend had a baby but you need to
> honor your end of the
> agreement and mail those fairings. If you're busy
> all you have to do is
> call UPS and they'll come pick it up themselves.
> I'm upset because I can't
> ride my bike until I at least have the uppers, and I
> can't afford to buy
> another set because all my money goes towards
> college. So please, if you
> have any ounce of human dignity and respect you'll
> mail these fairings ASAP
> and then email me to tell me they are mailed.
> Please follow through with
> your agreement, because if you dont' that's
> stealing, and stealing is just
> wrong.
>
> -Jaime

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad everything was HOPEFULLY resolved, we shall see if the plastics arrive :). Glad Surge went over there and took care of the situation. That's right chickies, the FL boys took it into their own hands and paid this guy a personal visit :lol. Gosh darn I love my FL SBN boys!!! Those are some TRUE southern gentlemen right there ;). Hey you even got a free windscreen out of the deal to put a nice Pussy Posse decal on :D. Glad we got everything taken care of, can;t wait to get you riding chickie!
Take care,
Courtney

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Great News!!!!
Cort you and your boys rock!!! From now on, I'm buying from florida so that way if there's any issues Cort's "boys" will take care of business!!! :) That is awesome!!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
thats great news glad everything worked out hope your up and running soon :cheers

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
As soon as my bike's ready I'll be calling you girls for a RIDE!!

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
Woo hoo! :cheers That is awesome news. A big nod to Cort and the way she got the FLA crew to step in. :phatyo And congrats to Jaime. You've got my # - call me when you want to ride girl! :)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Okay girls, here's the news... I'm also posting this in the Florida forum. Jeff mailed the fairings to Arti like he was supposed to, arti just got them today. Check out the email he sent me regarding these fairings:

Jaime,

Your upper came. It was broken, looks like it broke in the box.
F****ng worst packing I've ever seen in my life, it was squashed. But
I can fix it. It came with just one of the side panels but I don't
think it's fixable. It was totally broken, I don't know how it could
have broken like that b/c there's hardly any scratches. But the upper
has the thing for the turn signals so you might get away with it. I
am on my way to *****, so if you were coming up or whatever I won't
be back until about 1:30. ttyl
-Jason

I was supposed to have the uppers, lowers, and an extra windscreen for my troubles... but oh well, at least Arti is nice enough to fix the upper for me!! :) But can you ladies believe it... BROKEN... how nice :rolleyes

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy moly, now I'm ticked off, I'd send that crap strait back. Tell Jason not to worry about fixing it, I mean you didn't pay for a busted upper and one mid. I mean what if you didn't have Jason to fix it, you'd be screwed. Send that crap back, you didn't get what you paid for and report it again to Paypal. And if this guys has a business name, report him to the Better Business Bureau. I KNOW you just want to get the skins on your bike and ride, but PLEASE reconsider. I can get the guys to pay another visit.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
I agree with cort on this one....If Jason is calling it like that, don't waste his time and your money. You will just end up with problems later.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
Hey Jaime
I need your email addy, i have a place you might call to see if they have the uppers and all the stuff you need.

I know you are broke, call them anyway and see what the cost is going to be...i'm sure some of us would be willing to throw in 5 or 10 bucks each to help you get the parts you need.

I would seriously seriously send that shit back and file a report with Paypal and let Cort's boys go take care of him again. that is totally bullshit.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
+3!! I'm with the rest on this Jamie. Make them take the plastics back and have Cort sick her pals on him! I'll kick in $ for plastics to get your rear end back on the road!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Oh my gosh you guys, you are totally too nice to me!! Unfortunately, arti already fixed the upper. A small-ish piece busted off it completely and there were a couple other spots he had to patch, but it is fixed. The side panels were sold along with the upper, though I was warned the side panels were not in good condition. I understood that as part of the deal, but from what Arti is saying... some REALLY fishy and poor packing went on- I think this guy busted these parts purposefully. I mean, hardly any scratches but the one lower is BUSTED?? C'mon... that's no accident. And if I sent back the upper now, while its fixed, that guy could turn around and sell it for more money. Well, so the upper is fixed, and for the total of $125 I spent for these parts, including shipping, I guess I shouldnt' complain too much. The upper is completely fixed, and Arti primed it black for me. I am going to have him paint the bike pink in the winter- by the time I get some lowers, I'll have to take precious days out of Wisconsin's short riding season to have it done... not worth it. But anyway, at least with the upper I can pass inspection and change over the title. I believe I'll be riding it again in two weeks. I'm going to have the bike inspected probably Monday- so what should I do? Wait till monday and mail everything back...even the fixed and primed upper, or should I just keep the upper and call it a day?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would still file a report with paypal about the condition of the parts vs. how he described them and as to the amount of time it took. If the lower is completely broke, its not "badly damaged" its "completely broke" and should be described as such. However, bottom line is I guess we learned we got some good and cool people here on SBN and its good to see that. Hope you are up and running soon, best of luck.

+1 ... if this guy IS selling on SBN fred should be made aware of this situation.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I did notify Fred about Fred, and I posted the condition of the parts under the complaint I already filed with paypal. I guess that's what you get when you buy parts you can't directly touch, when you can't be certain you're purchasing the parts you want. Its a risk we all take, I'm just lucky I paid with pay pal so that this guy can get in some sort of trouble!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
OMG, guess what? Jeff, the seller, had until TODAY to respond to my paypal claim, and yet he hasn't!! According to paypal's dispute tutorial, this means the claim will be settled in MY FAVOR!! That means I get my money back!! WOOHOO!! Plus, I am getting some help from a super nice anonymous guy to purchase some lowers! YAY!! BUT, this time I'm going to buy these in PERSON, with a handshake and all that jazz...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts