Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.thejacksonchannel.com/news/4742626/detail.html

It wasn't his bike and he wasn't that experienced to begin with. I knew the kid and took him to High School when I was a senior and he was a freshman. Haven't really talked to him since but I do feel for his family and what they're going through. Stay safe guys and pay attention to your surroundings.

If you're wondering what the Water Works curve is, it's a very long sweeping curve to the left. The kid that died in 2004 on that curve was reported to be going over 100mph. I'm not really sure where Aaron died at though; I know it was on a busy stretch of highway.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Police said there are things that drivers can do to stay safe around motorcyclists, including keeping a safe distance from the rider and practicing defensive driving by assuming the biker doesn't see you.
Isn't it kinda the other way around?

RIP.

·
Registered
376 Posts
"It's very dangerous if you're not operating a motorcycle the way it's intended to be operated -- that is driving the speed limit and in a safe manner," said police spokesman Lt. Robert Graham.
Bikes are "intended" to be operated under the speed limits? OOOOOOOOOoooooooo, so THATS why by the time you get into 2nd gear your probly speeding already!

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
so dude was "sketching" his bike and cracked up............do stupid stuff, stupid stuff happens to ya........

my sis lives in jackson

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RACER X said:
so dude was "sketching" his bike and cracked up............do stupid stuff, stupid stuff happens to ya........

my sis lives in jackson
Yea basically...

Only had it for a couple days. He bought a car from a guy and decided he wanted the bike the same guy had instead, so they just switched titles and called it even. Was weaving in and out of heavy traffic trying to keep up with a more experienced friend. Prolly showing off and lost control in a corner. They pronounced Aaron dead at the scene but he had signs of life. Both his legs and arms were broken and he was in a coma. They took him off life support last night and he died.

·
Registered
791 Posts
mikem317 said:

RIP.

i thought the exact same thing. sorry the kid wrecked but damn he had lil common since if he started stunting right after buying his 1st bike.

The thing says that 2 parents want to teach youth about safety and such. Maybe they should just promote this website, and it's wealth of knowledge,to the youth in their area. They could donate some funds to the site for the increase of ppl who would join from their referals.

Some ppl just like that kid have little to ZERO common sense. Good riding strategies and safety may actually stick in their brains if they read stuff like "MSF" 50 times in one topic. Also new riders would probably listen closer to comments from other riders of varying ages.

CVM4 since u know the "2 enthusiastic parents..." tell them to contact fred & check the site.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
mikem317 said:

RIP.
Anytime a driver is thinking about the bike next to them, I/f/o, I/b/o them or merging etc... is a good thing I think. A driver or rider can never be to informed as to what is going on around them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SnookayDCC - The parents that the article is talking about is that the guy's parents that died yesterday. That's from another 18 year old that killed himself in 2004 going too fast into a turn and lost it on the highway. The odd thing is that his parents are motorcycle riders (kid killed in '04) so he should have had more sense then that.

·
Registered
163 Posts
RACER X said:

my sis lives in jackson
agreed, I feel no sympathy for this guy, a little for his family but as my doctor said once when a guy got rolled into the emergency room due to a similar act. "Someone's mama didn't do a good job."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts