Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Nibber
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got another riding jacket in the mail. This one is leather. I am wondering how tight most of you consider a proper fit for a jacket?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Snug enough that you might think it's borderline too tight. It'll hold the armor in place more effectively, and the leather will stretch to fit you much better over time.

Scott :)

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
so its comf if its to tight it will distract you.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I buy mine 1 size up than my normal size. I do this so air can enter through the jacket and keep me somewhat cool in this Hell we call Texas.

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
i agree with Rotty, i like jackets a little on the big side. not like some baggy overcoat, but not so tight that i can't move comfortably. also, i am a skinny bastard (5'10" 135-140lbs) with wide shoulders so it is kinda hard for me to fit jackets tight.

·
Super Nibber
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds to me like most of y'all like a little more room than is reccomended for maximum protection?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Nope, I had my race suit custom made for me, it fits loose if I don't have my back protector on, but if I'm wearing the suit, I'm wearing the back protector. My street leathers also fit slightly loose until I have the back protector in, but I wear it every time I ride anyways.

So if you ever plan on getting a back protector buy a jacket that is slightly loose on you. If not, buy one that is tight enough so it doesn't shift around more than slightly when you move your body. The last thing you want is your leathers to bunch up on you as you go sliding, because leather pinch wounds don't feel good.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wish I would have known better. I bought a black leather jacket for my cruiser and I think I got one maybe one size too big. Even when I tighten the straps at the waist the sucker still baloons up. I must look like a friggin plump blueberry ridin down the freeway.

·
Registered
400 Posts
FZ6 said:
Sounds to me like most of y'all like a little more room than is reccomended for maximum protection?
You still get maximum protection, just one size b*****. The pads and everything still lines up, and it don't ride up. It is still snug, just not whitey tighty snug.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Rotty said:
You still get maximum protection, just one size b*****. The pads and everything still lines up, and it don't ride up. It is still snug, just not whitey tighty snug.

Incorrect....

In an accident, if the jacket's loose the armor will move. :eek:

Scott :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
What I see riding, is most have picked gear way too big for them, it does no good if it's loose, especially textile stuff! It has to be a snug fit, to keep the armor for moving. To pick the right size jacket, take a tape measure, raise your arms slightly, place tape measure under your arm pits, and inhale deeply, whatever the tape reads is your jacket size, if it reads an odd measurement, say 39", go with a 38 jacket, instead of a 40, remember most materials will stretch with age.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts