Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new jacket in from newenough.com and I was wondering how tight fitting they're suppose to be. I have not had leather before so I'm not sure how it's suppose to feel.Got a Joe Rocket speedmaster size 42. I would like to be able to take a full breath and start to feel it get a little tight. Not much but a little. Still some room in the 42 with full breath. Not a lot but a little. I wonder what the 40 would be like.
Anyone that that has exchange with newenough, how does it work? Do they send you the stuff and then you sent back yours. I'd like to be able to compair. The 42 is not that bad, but I wonder. Any opinion? Little help please.
:)

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Sounds like US sizes. I have international sizes on my A* for some reason. I can hold a full breath under my jacket. Not sure if that's the benchmark, but I feel comfortable but at the same time the armor isn't going anywhere in the event of an accident.

Can't be too baggy, the armor wouldn't do its job on impact (armor would be shifting all over the place in a tumble). Sounds like the 42 is a good fit for you. Give you a little room to grow too, just in case, :lol.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mikem317 said:
I can hold a full breath under my jacket. Not sure if that's the benchmark.Can't be too baggy, the armor wouldn't do its job on impact (armor would be shifting all over the place in a tumble).
Yeah, I don't know what the benchmark is either. Armor doesn't move, I just wonder if it would feel better if it was a little tighter.
mikem317 said:
Sounds like the 42 is a good fit for you. Give you a little room to grow too, just in case, :lol
A very good point. Right now I seem to be losing weight and I'm not even trying.

·
Registered
424 Posts
If you think you're going to loose some more weight, then go ahead and get the 40(with newenough you just email them and tell them you want to exchange, they send it out immediately(if it's in stock) and charge your card for the shipping. Then you have to send the original back within 15 days, if not they charge you for the second until they get the original back, I think). You should fel it get snug with a full breath, any tighter than that and it will be uncomfortable. The leather will break in and get more comfortable, but it's not going to stretch a whole lot. If you think you're going to lose 10+ more lbs, get the 40, if not stick with the 42.

·
Registered
436 Posts
as long as its nice and snug...i know some people they like it so tight that the need help getting out of it. I'm 511 180lbs and a 44 fits me snug....i like it

Plus like previously stated you want to make sure the pads won't move, but you want to have a little room for a thicker shirt underneath if it gets cold

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea.. I order the other jacket from newenough.com Have to be sure or I'll always wonder. I'll just send the one back I don't want. Thanks all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts