Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sick of those "riders". The club basically meets every sunday and then goes for a "ride", that usually is just a 10 minute ride to get to a place to have breakfast...

Wow, those guys should get I.B.A. awards!

The club has a group on MSN. Well, the proposed ride for this Sunday is to go to a town that is near the City. A 30 minute ride from my home (WoW! So exciting, I dont' think my bike can go so far!)

Well, one guy asked "How fair is Tepozotlan?" (Tepozotlan is the name of the town)

My reply: Not far enough to be a good ride. But if riding is only a mean to get to a place close and hang out with some people, I guess its fine.

Damn! That started a flamewar like I hadn't seen before! Some are "offended" as this ride is to see the sister of one of the guys, that is 50 y/o, is sick and has never riden a bike before.
Truth is, this is the second time this happens, first time was when they wanted to go to another town near the city, but they had no good excuse to ride that close.

And well, the fact is, this ride is "too far" for most of them, it is 3 times as much as they use to ride every sunday...

Guess I'll find some people that like to ride, but by now I can realize, those guys arent.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
same flame war on teh website for the club here. Battle between the 'townies' that ride the same stretch of 5 miles between hang out spots and do the same wheelie for the hundreth time, and the kneedraggers doing the same lap on the track for the hundreth time.
I just go ride and let them waste their time TALKING about riding.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Thats why I ride by my delf all the time. I want to go atleast 70-100 miles for a small ride. 300-500 for a weekend and vacation I will ride to Florida or Nort Carolina just to see my cousin or sister. Now thats how a ride should be.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Too much drama overall in clubs. We talked about starting a club out here but we started talking storys of other clubs and the drama and decided against it.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
The first two guys I rode with kicked me off the webpage we started...F'n biker boy bullshit...Just find people you like man and ride

·
Registered
200 Posts
TheSollyLama said:
same flame war on teh website for the club here. Battle between the 'townies' that ride the same stretch of 5 miles between hang out spots and do the same wheelie for the hundreth time, and the kneedraggers doing the same lap on the track for the hundreth time.
I just go ride and let them waste their time TALKING about riding.
Lol yeah CSC is full of old guys who only like riding at the track.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
It's much more fun to ride with folks that enjoy riding as much as you but 10 and 30 minute rides just don't seem like much fun. Granted there's the comradery associated with the get togethers but that's not for everyone. Whoever is organizing the rides should switch tempos every so often. A ride to eat, a ride to visit and a ride to RIDE. Doing the same thing every time gets boring.

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
Most of the "Club riders" can be found jaunting back and forth from various starbucks.

The best "Club" is usually the one you HAPPEN to run up on out on some barron stretch of good riding road. Thats where you meet the interesting folks that LIKE to ride.

Many time you learn that they come from distances relative to yours to GET there.

Use to ride with some guys from upper Virginia. One of the guys was in his 60's and rode a CBR600 and an R6. He's a freakin HOOT. He always cracked me up pissing and moaning about taking too much time when stopped for gas, food, leg stretch etc....he always wanted to be on 2 wheels. :lao

Guess where I met them? Deals Gap, after a day of punishing my back for 400 miles thru the great smokies on a TLR :banana

Damn I miss Bill and Jay :beer

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
just ride by yourself or find another group that goes on longer rides

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately Mexico is not bike friendly by any means!

The only roads worth riding that I've been able to find have been the interstates. One of them is flooded with riders on Sundays, everyone goes there on Sundays, posers, good riders, even scooters!

Then there are other three interstates, Pachuca, Puebla and Toluca (that is not really an interstate, but it is...). Pachuca is all straight, boring as hell and goes through so many little towns that I lost the count. Puebla is great, but it is a 2 hour ride just to get there, and those two hours are on stop-go traffic. Toluca is, well, boring as it is a very short ride...

Then there are the tolled interstates, Toluca is the most expensive one (and still boring), Pachuca gets even more boring, Puebla is fine, but it is known to be the second most dangerous in the Country (first one is the non-tolled Toluca) and then there is another interstate, Queretaro, the closest one to me. It is not THAT fun, but it ain't that bad. (You may ask, why there aint a non-tolled interstate to Queretaro, well, there is one, but you have to get to the City of Toluca and then take it from there...).

And well, all of those, tolled and non tolled, are full of cars...

So as much as I like to ride, I can't spend 2 hours on stop-go traffic just to get to Puebla's interstate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts