Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright for as long as i can remember Ive gotten headaches, probably more of them than your average joe. Sometimes Ill go a few weeks without one, sometimes Ill get several in a week. I cant really seem to figure out what causes them, if its something i eat, drink whatever. However, last week (sunday i think) I had a bad headache.. ive had one since then. Ive been popping advil and excedrine migraine like candy just so I dont shoot myself.
Anyone ever have a headache like this, or have any idea what might be causing it? Id go to the doctor but I have no health insurance, and I dont want to go in there and have some fucking quack run a bunch of tests, rack me up an $90000 bill and tell me I have STRESS or some bullshit like that.

Any suggestions?
 

·
I am MOTARDED
Joined
·
3,089 Posts
you really do need to have it checked out. headaches can be caused by really anything from over dose on sugar to cancer. Some times when my neck or back is out of place I have one for as long as a week.
for some bad cases of migraine's doctors will put you out for a few hours to relax your body and pump you full of b vitmins.
excedrine migraine cost more the plain excedrine but if you look on the box it has the same ingredents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Solitude said:
Alright for as long as i can remember Ive gotten headaches, probably more of them than your average joe. Sometimes Ill go a few weeks without one, sometimes Ill get several in a week. I cant really seem to figure out what causes them, if its something i eat, drink whatever. However, last week (sunday i think) I had a bad headache.. ive had one since then. Ive been popping advil and excedrine migraine like candy just so I dont shoot myself.
Anyone ever have a headache like this, or have any idea what might be causing it? Id go to the doctor but I have no health insurance, and I dont want to go in there and have some fucking quack run a bunch of tests, rack me up an $90000 bill and tell me I have STRESS or some bullshit like that.

Any suggestions?
u have stress now pay me :) Stress and lack of excersise would usually be the cause. Get out and play a sport basketball, softball, rackettball. something to do with both your mind and your body my guess is if you do that you will not have time for headaches. FYI I dont know what I'm talking about I"m just guessing :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MoTrFinger said:
u have stress now pay me :) Stress and lack of excersise would usually be the cause. Get out and play a sport basketball, softball, rackettball. something to do with both your mind and your body my guess is if you do that you will not have time for headaches. FYI I dont know what I'm talking about I"m just guessing :)
Its not lack of excersice thats for sure. I mountain bike, work out at the gym, lift a lot of shit at work, and ride my motorcycle... so my headaches definately arent because im fat & lazy.
 

·
El A MC Rider
Joined
·
336 Posts
You definitely want to get that checked out. It could be you suffer from migraines, or it could be worse....you could have an aneurysm just waiting to happen. Check out this story: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=762&e=1&u=/ap/20040829/ap_en_mu/obit_branigan

[excerpt]

NEW YORK - Laura Branigan (news), a Grammy-nominated pop singer best known for her 1982 platinum hit "Gloria," has died. She was 47.
Branigan died of a brain aneurysm Thursday in her sleep at her home in East Quogue, said her brother Mark Branigan. He said she had complained to a friend of a headache for about two weeks before she died, but had not sought medical attention.

Wouldn't hurt to have a physician give you the once over....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,267 Posts
I get migraines alot and always from stress. I can bring one on just by thinking of all the shit hanging over my head.... Excedrin is the only thing that works. forget advil. I've had this problem for near twenty years. Sometimes there so bad all I can do is lay in bed with a cool wet towel on my head and moan and groan. Naseua so bad your afraid to even take anything....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,272 Posts
Migraines absolutely suck. I never got them up until recently, and when I do get them my vision gets very blurry and I have to call it quits with whatever I am doing just so I can relax and let it go away.

No health insurance, maybe you qualify for free care. And if you don't qualify for it you still really should get checked out, you can't really put a price on being healthy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,239 Posts
I kind of has something like that happen to be before. It started out as having constant headaches for quite a few days, then I noticed a little blurryness in one of my eyes. It turned out to be a sinus infection that was causing swilling up inside my head and putting pressure against some nurves and against my eye. I didn't think it could have been sinus related because my nose wasn't really runny or clogged at all, but they put me on some medecine for it and everything cleared up fairly quickly.

Definately get it checked out no matter what you do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
OTC,2 tylenol+2 alieve. Better yet, 100mg Vioxx, 20mg Bextra, or a couple Celebrex. (taken before drinking will prevent a hangover!)

I'm not a doctor but I have found what works for me.
 

·
From back in da' day
Joined
·
2,777 Posts
im with Justin on this one....Sinus problems are a sure fire headache for DAYS and DAYS!!! i have NEVER EVER had problems with allergies or sinus but some weird ass strain of pollen has worked its way into FL or something cause i get headaches that get me looking for my old pain meds.....i usually just go into a cool dark room and lay down and i have found that (dont laugh) if you push REALLY hard on the top part of your nose / lower inside corner of your eyes that itll drain your sinus' and take off some of the pressure.....now migrane meds are for migranes, if you have a severe sinus headache those meds wont really attack the culprit....get some "tylenol allergy sinus" you can get them at most convience stores in the lil travel packs for like a $1 try that and see if it helps then you are set...i would still get it looked at though just in case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Shit man, you need to go to the doctor. he'll probably just write you a prescription for some migraine medicine. If you get alot of headaches and you're taking alot of tylenol or aspriin, you're beating on your kidneys. Get your ass to the doctor before you give yourself b***** problems.
I get alot of migraines and I have a shit load of tr******. If I sleep too long, if I eat too much cheese, if its really sunny and I squint my eyes too much, if I dont eat in awhile, and the list goes on and on. So it couldnt be some weird shit that caused your headache man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,927 Posts
Justin726 said:
I kind of has something like that happen to be before. It started out as having constant headaches for quite a few days, then I noticed a little blurryness in one of my eyes. It turned out to be a sinus infection that was causing swilling up inside my head and putting pressure against some nurves and against my eye. I didn't think it could have been sinus related because my nose wasn't really runny or clogged at all, but they put me on some medecine for it and everything cleared up fairly quickly.

Definately get it checked out no matter what you do.
Exact same thing happened to me. No runny nose or congestion but my head hurt so much I couldn't stand it. Finally went to my local "Doc in a Box" Urgent Care and they hooked me right up. Felt better that night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,272 Posts
UFG8R said:
OTC,2 tylenol+2 alieve. Better yet, 100mg Vioxx, 20mg Bextra, or a couple Celebrex. (taken before drinking will prevent a hangover!)

I'm not a doctor but I have found what works for me.
I wouldn't suggest taking prescription med's unless prescribed by a doctor. Some things that have to be taken into consideration before you are prescribed certain med's so it would be in your best interest for a doctor to make the decision about which drugs to take.
 

·
I am MOTARDED
Joined
·
3,089 Posts
speedracer69 said:
Shit man, you need to go to the doctor. he'll probably just write you a prescription for some migraine medicine. .
my wifes script for zomig says $130 with out our BC&BS. and thats for 6 pills!!! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
i get really bad migraines. i have noticed that they come before and after weather fronts pass. it seems low pressure systems are the cause. i know several other people that have noticed the same thing. besides taking 6 migraine excedrin at a time i have found that getting in the shower or tub with very hot water almost so hot you burn yourself can help. it opens the blood vessels all over your body. this can take some pressure off of the vessles in your head that is causing the pain. try it, you will be amazed at the relief you will get, but before you do it go to a doctor to make sure that you are in fact having migraines though. you could have any number of serious problems going on. its not something to play with.
 

·
I am very sensitive.
Joined
·
979 Posts
Hey, there is a lot of things that could cause this headache. I'm like you and have no insurance. I just go to a walk in, I have explained to the Dr. there that I have no ins. and he tries to keep my cost low. I have now had 3 major sinus infections this year. The first one sent me to the Hosp. where they did a $2000 MRI on top of all the other cost, I can't afford that again. The Dr. at the clinic will try to give me sample drugs if he has them and writes scripts for what he does not have. I know it is hard to come up with extra cash, but get it checked.

OK, this one sounds funny too, but I have a hand held massager, I turn it on and rub it all around my nose and eye area, also my neck. My headaches make my neck hurt too. Try it, it may help. Make sure you are taking in plenty of fluids, good for your body fluids.

Oh, you don't have blood pressure problems do you. That could cause it too.

I hope you get to feeling better. I know those kind of headaches and really knock you down and you are literally good for nothing because of the pain.
 

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
You really should go to the Dr. man. I would go get my bloodpressure checked though. I used to get real bad headaches too. I was diagnosed with high bloodpressure. I was extremely overweight and going through alot of stress. I know you said you are very active so I'm guessing your not overweight. But even thin people can have bloodpressure problems. I lost 115 lbs and my bloodpressure is a solid 120 over 80 now. The only time I seem to have headaches is when there are extreme weather changes and even that isnt as bad as they use to be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,754 Posts
Drink water.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the replies everyone. Right now my headache is finally gone, i took some excedrine early this morning (like 8 am) my headache has been gone since. So im hoping whatever caused this last week long headache might be gone, at least temporarily. I think its probably time to go get checked out, but im hoping itll at least give me a small vacation from mind boggling pain.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top