Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
stayin' sucka free
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a goal of mine to do track days, but I didn't want to ride my beloved FZ at the track.... for many reasons really, but mainly because it's my daily rider and if something unfortunate ever happened at the track, it would cost me my main source of transportation. So I basically started checking the for sale ads on my local MC forum... and after several weeks of checking the ads daily, someone posted a track ready 2001 Honda F4i. I went and checked it out, haggled a little bit on the price, and ended up bringing it home that same day :phatyo :banana

But now my FZ might get a little jealous having this parked in the garage, vying for my attention:

Attachments

·
All red all the time...
3,489 Posts
NICE!!!!
I need a track bike too. You never know when the unfortunate might happen on the track....

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
There is no such thing. Motorcycles do not get jealous when you bring another motorcycle home. This is just one of the ways a motorcycle is different than a woman. :boink

Nice bike!

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
nice track bike...

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Very cool. Good luck.

·
Long Distance Rider
353 Posts
Nice! Have fun. Looks Great.

·
stayin' sucka free
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone... I know it was sort of off topic, as it really has nothing to do with the FZ6.... but I'm sooo darn excited I've been telling everyone.

Now I need to figure out how to paint the darn thing... I'm not really feeling the blue/neon paint scheme.

·
Registered
267 Posts
nice bike dude

u caould have bought a race ready fz6 though ? mine loves the local track

either way the f4i is a darn good bike for its age
parts are easy to find and cheap
and a reliable bike to boot :)

rennsport said:
There is no such thing. Motorcycles do not get jealous when you bring another motorcycle home. This is just one of the ways a motorcycle is different than a woman. :boink

Nice bike!
damn thats a good line!

·
I like curves.
2,090 Posts
nice, but you are gonna be like, should i take my new bike to the work today, then youll be like i think im gonna ride my new bike today, then youll forget about fz totally one day

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ducksridingbikes said:
nice, but you are gonna be like, should i take my new bike to the work today, then youll be like i think im gonna ride my new bike today, then youll forget about fz totally one day
Uh, I hope devil doesn't take the new bike to work considering there is nothing street legal (or street safe) about it.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Ducksridingbikes said:

That is a problem every rider should have. There is an equaution to find the perfect number of motorcycles to own: #of motorcycles you own + 1 = the perfect number of motorcycles.

I never ride my FZ6 in town anymore. I hop on the the Monster. The FZ6 is for 2-up riding with my wife. The Monster is for solo trips to the mountains.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Jake0876 said:
Uh, I hope devil doesn't take the new bike to work considering there is nothing street legal (or street safe) about it.

street legal I understand. What do you mean by "street safe"? In my state, all he would need is to get the headlight and taillight (if it does not have one) working.

·
Cubicle Ostrich
1,785 Posts
Lucky_Devil said:
Thanks everyone... I know it was sort of off topic, as it really has nothing to do with the FZ6.... but I'm sooo darn excited I've been telling everyone.

Now I need to figure out how to paint the darn thing... I'm not really feeling the blue/neon paint scheme.
Primer gray is pretty nice ;)

·
Batteries not included
132 Posts
rennsport said:
There is an equaution to find the perfect number of motorcycles to own: #of motorcycles you own + 1 = the perfect number of motorcycles.
:eek:nfloor :lao

FINALLY...a scientific, mathematical formula that demonstrates...no, PROVES, what I've been thinking!

The defense rests.

·
stayin' sucka free
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
brainfrz said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?
I paid $2,500 for it.

·
The Flying Finn
2,594 Posts
Ducksridingbikes said:
Be tough to do with no kickstand, mirrors, signals, brake/tail lights, street tires, etc. I'm assuming no plate or insurance either (why would anyone insure a track bike?)...

Anyway, cool buy! I'd like a track bike one day, though I'd probably end up with an FZR400 or something along those lines. Course an RC51 would be nice, but not for a while methinks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts