Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This gonna be good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-sH2rpAfc

According to Solomoto.es

Yamaha R1 2015, ya queda menos | Solomoto

- Double clutch transmission.
- Electronic clutch.
- Obviously, quick shifter.
- Electronic suspension (dunno if semi active)
- Bosch MSC - same one used on the KTM 1190 which includes:
a. Traction control
b. ABS
- All led ligting
- OLED display
- Sumitomo monoblock brakes.

- Two versions, the high end will come with Öhlins suspenders.

Looks like Yamaha is preparing to trump over the competition.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
That isn't a crossplane I hear.

That is a straight 90 degree screamer. :banana

About time, the R1 is supposed to be an uncompromising screaming bitch, looks like more filter down from MotoGP for both the R1 and 1299 Panigale. Clutchless shifting for everyone, all the time. Beautiful.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
you can clutchless shift any bike because they use a sequential transmission.
I do it up and down all the time. you just have to use it to stop and take off.

that still sounds like a crossplane to me. the stock exhaust on the current bike muffles it so much you can barely tell also. I doubt they'll switch back because that's what the M1 uses and all of it's success in the AMA.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
you can clutchless shift any bike because they use a sequential transmission.
I do it up and down all the time. you just have to use it to stop and take off.

Very true. My bike has the electronics for it but you could have fooled me, other than that I can feel it cut ignition or fuel for a split second. I've found it smoother on other bikes that didn't have it, especially at engine speed.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I love the sound of floating gear. That little 'snick' and you are gone. What can I say? It's fun and other then expanding the minds of Liberals I don't have as much fun as I used to. Got to get it while you can.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Very true. My bike has the electronics for it but you could have fooled me, other than that I can feel it cut ignition or fuel for a split second. I've found it smoother on other bikes that didn't have it, especially at engine speed.
sounds like you have a quick shifter. not sure exactly what a electronic clutch is. maybe no more springs to lock it up etc. less rotating mass and better control as well as being a slipper and quick shifter. but something also tells me it's a very expensive part and will need a very well made cover to protect it.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I know on s1000rr forums, everyone hates the stock thing and replace it. If I could, I'd just remove it. A slipper clutch is good enough for me.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I wonder wonder what this means for the FZ1, it still has the old 20 valve screamer. I've been wanting a new one with the crossplane and some new, but still classy styling.

I doubt Yamaha would move away from the crossplane on their flagship since they're heavily promoting the new FZ09 and FZ07 as being crossplane inspired.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The FZ1 is a 20 valve? Didn't know that. Sweeeeet.

·
Giant on a Motorcycle
1,491 Posts
Looks verrrrry interesting. I'm looking forward to the unveiling. This is a giant step for the bike.

Come on Suzuki, get off your ass and update your dinosaur of a litre bike. I'm sick of bold new graphics.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks verrrrry interesting. I'm looking forward to the unveiling. This is a giant step for the bike.

Come on Suzuki, get off your ass and update your dinosaur of a litre bike. I'm sick of bold new graphics.
The GSX-R got more than BNG this year, it got ABS brakes ;) :eek:nfloor

I wonder when Honda is going to finally update the CBRs. The 600RR is still the same bike as in 07 (bold new plastics) and the 1000RR is the same bike from '08 (bold new plastics, 30% more pokemon looks)

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
The GSX-R got more than BNG this year, it got ABS brakes ;) :eek:nfloor

I wonder when Honda is going to finally update the CBRs. The 600RR is still the same bike as in 07 (bold new plastics) and the 1000RR is the same bike from '08 (bold new plastics, 30% more pokemon looks)
look at the R6. same since 2006. some minor improvements such as the better bottom end so no more boom boom :lgh2
warning to anyone reading this....do not buy a 2006 or 2007 R6. 90% of them blew up

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
look at the R6. same since 2006. some minor improvements such as the better bottom end so no more boom boom :lgh2
warning to anyone reading this....do not buy a 2006 or 2007 R6. 90% of them blew up
Have one. Ride the tits off of it. No boom yet. Here is to hoping that the boom stays away.

Funny but I would tell someone that the 2006 and 2007 are the ones to purchase for the value factor.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts