Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I know, this place is pretty much dead now, but I don't care.

My bike sat in storage for almost 2 years (trying to sell the house and having little kids really put a cramp in things).

After multiple trips to the DMV to get it registered again (custom plate was expired too long, so I lost the ol' 04FZZR plate and had to go to the new ugly yellow and blue plates with a new number), I finally got it back on the road. Finally.

19884402_10156074170353484_2605672770634962639_n by Jeff, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Welcome back, fellow old-timer

Welcome back, fellow old-timer!

I still have my 2004 FZ6 also, and although I keep it registered and insured, it doesn't get ridden too much. Actually, this year I've only ridden it up and down the driveway.... I need to get a state inspection and maybe start commuting on it some this year.

Jim

Yeah, I know, this place is pretty much dead now, but I don't care.

My bike sat in storage for almost 2 years (trying to sell the house and having little kids really put a cramp in things).

After multiple trips to the DMV to get it registered again (custom plate was expired too long, so I lost the ol' 04FZZR plate and had to go to the new ugly yellow and blue plates with a new number), I finally got it back on the road. Finally.

19884402_10156074170353484_2605672770634962639_n by Jeff, on Flickr

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a ~500 mile trip planned for next weekend. I'm pretty excited about it. I've always wanted to ride this route, and I finally get to do it! My butt is cringing a little at the thought, but we'll get through it with a couple stops to ease the pain.

New Picture by Jeff, on Flickr

·
Diver Down
810 Posts
I have a ~500 mile trip planned for next weekend. I'm pretty excited about it. I've always wanted to ride this route, and I finally get to do it! My butt is cringing a little at the thought, but we'll get through it with a couple stops to ease the pain.

New Picture by Jeff, on Flickr
Good to see others still hanging onto their bike. I also have been away from here for a while. Couple months ago I bought a new Ducati Multistrada 1200S. I just wanted something different and a little better for long trips. Initially I thought I'd sell my FZ6, but every time I get on it, I think to myself, I LOVE THIS BIKE. Its such a great bike. Easy to ride, light, nimble, really fast, comfortable, and still looks awesome after 12 years. And its so fun to just rev it up. So I'm going to keep it. Ducati is a great bike too, but I just don't feel the same excitement I get on my Yamaha.
BTW, before I bought the Ducati, I also test rode a 2017 FZ10. Wow! That bike is just an insane adrenaline rush. That bike is going to be in my garage in the future. Then I'll really have a tough choice to make.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I still have mine, but after seeing the press release for the Tracer 900 GT, I think it'll only be in my garage for another year. It might have one more cross-country trip in store; my goal is to ride it in all 48 states.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might as well take a quick trip to Alaska and make it 49.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Tracer 900 GT

I still have mine, but after seeing the press release for the Tracer 900 GT, I think it'll only be in my garage for another year. It might have one more cross-country trip in store; my goal is to ride it in all 48 states.
Okay, I've been away from the motorcycle world for a while, so I didn't know what the Tracer 900 GT was. Very interesting! I liked the FZ-09 that I test rode the year that it came out, but it was missing some things. Looks like the Tracer 900 GT addresses all of those missing items and more. Wow, that could be a great bike, and an awesome replacement for the FZ6. (Not that I could justify getting another motorcycle when I didn't even ride 200 miles last year....)

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, I've been away from the motorcycle world for a while, so I didn't know what the Tracer 900 GT was. Very interesting! I liked the FZ-09 that I test rode the year that it came out, but it was missing some things. Looks like the Tracer 900 GT addresses all of those missing items and more. Wow, that could be a great bike, and an awesome replacement for the FZ6. (Not that I could justify getting another motorcycle when I didn't even ride 200 miles last year....)
The looks remind me a lot of the Super Tenere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts