Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a good winter! I bought my H-D Limited on 10/13/12 and hit 10K miles today.

Reactions: PhilB

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Nice, I'm slacking. I only put about 4500 on the street bike last year :(

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
where's the ashtray, cup holder and cb?
It's does have an ashtray and lighter ( just not the plug, but the lighter installed), CB is built into the radio. I have not installed a cup holder yet.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet! Do you have a heated suit? FLHs come with an integrated plug these days, yes?
I have gerbings heated gloves and jacket liner. This is my first touring bike, with the fairing and tall shield I have only needed the gloves this winter.

When I ride the Versys or V-Rod, I wear a one piece first gear suit with the heated liner and gloves.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have gerbings heated gloves and jacket liner. This is my first touring bike, with the fairing and tall shield I have only needed the gloves this winter.

When I ride the Versys or V-Rod, I wear a one piece first gear suit with the heated liner and gloves.
Cool. I've recently switched over to Gerbings. Before last winter I used Widder. With my Road King, a full suit made all the difference. I use it with my V-Strom as well (it puts out enough power to run everything on close to full heat).

Your FLH has the leg fairings too I take it. Sweet machine!

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
What is wrong with poking fun at Harley riders? I have a friend that owns a Harley. A couple of years ago for his birthday I got him a pooper-scooper and a cargo net, Told him it was so he could pick up the parts that fall off and take them back home to super glue back on.
He took it poorly. Still not as bad as a Duc owner. If somebody GAVE me a Ducati I would run a garden hose up thru the tank and use as a lawn ornament/birdbath. That is because I sold my boat and no longer need a boat anchor.:birdy

Different folks for different strokes. Or something like that. :easy

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
That's awesome. I have no miles since November but I did sell one of my bikes. I want to sell one more, do my tour in AFG, and then look into buying a used Aprilia or a BMW 1000SR with my deployment money.

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
First ride of the season yesterday. Bike runs like a watch. Actually it doesn't run like any of my watches, they don't run fast.

Weather this winter was awful, I think I only got two or three hours in the airplane. And I doubt we're anywhere near done with bad weather.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
all of my buddies kid around with harley owners. they make fun of our bikes we make fun of theirs. it's just in good fun.
Besides, if it becomes non-fun it's not like they can catch us.:blush

1 - 15 of 15 Posts