Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aight the superhawk is not dead. Long story short it got hit by a car, i thought it was gonna be totalled realized the damage was only a grand if i did the work my self, The insurance cut me a check for 4,300 dollars. so i have 3300 to do what i want. I'm going with two bros high mojnt full system , dyno jet kit,k&n filter YOSH stage 1 cams scotts steering dampner and new sprockts and chain. -1 front +2rear.

WHat do you guys think about the cams, pros and cons to putting cams in the bike. it says these do not require any valve work or piston work.Basically plug and play.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I say get the bike fixed first, just in case there is more money involved than you first allotted money for(in case it isn't fixed yet.)

Besides that, I say go for it. You're playing with the house's money now, you can do whatever you'd like with it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This isnt the first time i've brought this beast back fom the dead. I originally bought this bike salvaged titleed and got it to tip top shape and got it inspected and passed. Thanks for the warnign though i will definatly not count my chickens before they die thing. :p

thanks

p.s. how much horsepower do you think the cams will get me?
thanks

john.g

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Don't waste your money on engine mods on that bike. Get it fixed, put on a pipe and jets at most and that's it. Besides you'll need the money when you're married. ;)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Glad to here the Hawk is not dead man. Your list of mods sounds good. I would hold off on the cam till last. When everything else is finished and you've ridden it, then decide on the cams. With a sprocket change it might satisfy your needs. What are you going with for plastics?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm hanging up the race fairings and goingwih the same style from mario but i will have the stock headlight instead of the opp lights. so if any boddy wants some opp lights i'll sell them for 100$ they ar 250 new.lol

john.g

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i want the vfr swing arm=it bolts straight with the use o a spacer on top of the shock. hard to explain. my model of what i want my bike to ultimatley look like. i also want those clip ons that go under the triple tree.

Attachments

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,896 Posts
BuStEdAsS996 said:
heres what it will look like
I like way better the looks of that bike than those of the RC51, however, I know that in performance the RC51 would destroy it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YEa i like the way they look too ,in this "trim". As far as speed goes= i'm just curious with all the mods what it will do. I know it will never compete with a 1000 inline 4 but id like to suprise some 750's :bananafu:

·
Registered
681 Posts
3300 gets you a track biatch! 'Nuff said.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts