Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reply Yes or No at the top of your reply. Does Trump and his administration lie to the American people? Yes Or No, explain your answer after you respond, Yes or No.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
LOL.....You gotta be joshing!

Donald Trump is the epitome of success, generosity, honesty, integrity, fidelity, charity, humanity...

The proof? He tells us that every day.

And

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Lol, I think people still believe him.
Indeed they do. He has a core of true believers but it's a distinct minority, and that being the case, it makes it all the more disgusting that the GOP does whatever he wants them it do. Three weeks ago the RNC and McConnell told the nation they were not giving Moore any money and they were distancing themselves from him.

NOW? They're all in for Moore. Money and all. For a friggin' perv!

Moore has been fully endorsed by the Republican “president” of the United States, the leader of his party, and is now fully supported by the Republican National Committee. Last week, R.N.C. Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel told CNN: “The president has said we want to keep this seat Republican. The R.N.C. is the political arm of the White House, and we want to support the president’s agenda.”

The pre-Trump Republican Party is dead; The zombie Trump party now lives in its stead, devoid of principle, feasting on fear and rage, foreign to moral framing. - Charles Blow NYT

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Of course he does. I do agree that all administrations do it and I also agree that he does lie more than any we have had before. Of course I don't pay much attention to him and haven't really paid a whole lot of attention to any POTUS in a good while. I catch something here and there but all in all its kind of like that house down the street that I have seen the owner maybe 2 times in a year. I don't care much about him at all and stay out of his business and will continue to do so until something he does directly changes something about my life. What comments the POTUS says have no bearing on my life at all, only the policy he/she pushes through and most of that is very hard to get all of the info on without trying to read the whole thing and that, I don't have time for.

·
Registered
11,988 Posts
Of course he does. I do agree that all administrations do it and I also agree that he does lie more than any we have had before. Of course I don't pay much attention to him and haven't really paid a whole lot of attention to any POTUS in a good while. I catch something here and there but all in all its kind of like that house down the street that I have seen the owner maybe 2 times in a year. I don't care much about him at all and stay out of his business and will continue to do so until something he does directly changes something about my life. What comments the POTUS says have no bearing on my life at all, only the policy he/she pushes through and most of that is very hard to get all of the info on without trying to read the whole thing and that, I don't have time for.
Well, grab your ankles. The big redistribution plan is coming, and it will tax you to make sure the world of Little Lord Fauntleroys who are more important than you are well rewarded. It's probably best to pay attention sometimes, because it will whup your ass if you don't. Sorry and all, but that's what's happening right now.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Well, grab your ankles. The big redistribution plan is coming, and it will tax you to make sure the world of Little Lord Fauntleroys who are more important than you are well rewarded. It's probably best to pay attention sometimes, because it will whup your ass if you don't. Sorry and all, but that's what's happening right now.
I completely believe you but what action should I take to stop this from taking place? I have on several occasions taken part in writing my representatives over such issues and honestly can't say it made any impact at all. I vote but often those I vote for do not end up getting elected. In the end if my views do not fall in line with the majority of the people around me then my views have no voice. I am not saying that I will not continue to vote or write representatives but so many people are hard line right or hard line left making them completely unwilling to look at any other option that I fall to the mercy of the will of others. But from time to time my vote does fall in with the majority at that moment. In the end what I am saying is that your completely against this big redistribution plan but if it passes then you will be subject to it just like everyone else. Is there a secret that I should know about that will lessen the damage done to me personally that you have figured out?

·
Registered
11,988 Posts
I completely believe you but what action should I take to stop this from taking place? I have on several occasions taken part in writing my representatives over such issues and honestly can't say it made any impact at all. I vote but often those I vote for do not end up getting elected. In the end if my views do not fall in line with the majority of the people around me then my views have no voice. I am not saying that I will not continue to vote or write representatives but so many people are hard line right or hard line left making them completely unwilling to look at any other option that I fall to the mercy of the will of others. But from time to time my vote does fall in with the majority at that moment. In the end what I am saying is that your completely against this big redistribution plan but if it passes then you will be subject to it just like everyone else. Is there a secret that I should know about that will lessen the damage done to me personally that you have figured out?
You are doing what you can. It's all you can do. The main thing is don't get discouraged and give up. There's no way to lessen the coming personal damage, so far as I can tell. I don't have a trust fund, and neither do you, most likely. So you could marry somebody who has a vast fortune, I guess. Otherwise, you are screwed. Just like the rest of us. It's frustrating because the stupidity of a part of the electorate combined with the inaction of others is going to hurt most of us. Paris Hilton and Donald Jr. will both benefit mightily, but neither of them could fend for themselves anyway. The rest of us will have to figure out how to weather the storm, deal with reduced circumstances, and stay informed. Eventually, explaining facts and consequences will cause enough people to come around. The facts and consequences have to be accurate, though. It's why I don't like hyperbole or inaccurate sales pitches for legislation. When Obama said that Obamacare wouldn't cause any issues for anybody (paraphrasing), it was wrong. That is a problem. Obamacare was a huge benefit for the nation overall, and I think people are beginning to figure it out. However, the oversell gave the stupid wing something to hang onto and exploit. Also, don't let yourself get buffaloed by loud mouths. So far, the GOP relies upon being the loudest, most ignorant voice, shouting down everything else and, point blank, lying about the sum total effects of their policies. For the time being, the average GOP voter doesn't want to hear about it. When the hit comes in a year or two, they may blame the Democrats. Then again, if people like you are pointing out what's coming, then maybe they will vote the bums out and we can start over.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the Democrats, either, but so far, their policies are not as overall destructive or as retrograde as the policies the Ayn-Rand-o-bot GOP is trying to shove through. We will be back to the Gilded Age and then 1926, complete with the upcoming depression if they had their way. I don't think they actually understand this. Devotion to ideology has that blinding effect.

·
Registered
11,988 Posts
Alabama just showed what can happen when you pay attention. Stupid, old, bigoted men mostly voted for Moore. So-called Christians also voted for the despicable pedophile. Others in Alabama voted for the other guy. I don't know if he's any good or not, but he hasn't been banned from a mall for cruising for underage girls. It's a start.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
[:eek:nfloor]....Riotously funny. Wait till you see your Form 1040 for tax year 2018. Then tell us about how nothing the Orange Man says doesn't affect you, my friend. Uninvolvement is what put this country in the fix it's in.

·
Registered
11,988 Posts
The tax bill hasn't passed yet. Susan Collins sounds like she's getting cold feet. The GOP leadership may have double-crossed her. That won't sit well. It wouldn't surprise me all that much if Collins switched parties sometime in the future. If she votes no on the reconciliation bill, that means only two more have to vote no to kill it. I don't know who those two might be, but the room for negotiations is getting narrower and narrower. The GOP leadership knows that if the great coddle the rich act of 2017 doesn't pass by the 22nd of this month, it's probably dead meat, since Jones gets seated on January 3rd at the latest. That gives the various fractious groups within the GOP caucus leverage to make demands. They haven't been shy about doing that. They have nine days and lots of ground to cover. So, who knows what a 2018 1040 form will really look like. I expect to get taxed more so that people with a whole lot more than any of us can have a nice little present. But, that means it passes. I also expect all kinds of fireworks caused by this bill between now and next November whether it passes or not. Sitting Republicans have to know that's coming, and if the bill hurts the average American (it likely will), then it will make them easy targets. That's incentive for more modifications. Then there's the fact that Trump and Trumpism weren't enough in Alabama. The Teflon Trump steam roller isn't as scary when Trump's rallies were't enough, and then Trump immediately disowned backing the guy who lost. Republicans who think they can trust Trump will get what they deserve. There's no reason for anybody to give that guy any wins at this point.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Alabama just showed what can happen when you pay attention. Stupid, old, bigoted men mostly voted for Moore. So-called Christians also voted for the despicable pedophile. Others in Alabama voted for the other guy. I don't know if he's any good or not, but he hasn't been banned from a mall for cruising for underage girls. It's a start.
I am guessing that *many* Christians also voted for the other guy just to be fair about it. I am glad that Moore lost though.

[:eek:nfloor]....Riotously funny. Wait till you see your Form 1040 for tax year 2018. Then tell us about how nothing the Orange Man says doesn't affect you, my friend. Uninvolvement is what put this country in the fix it's in.
My Form 1040 and yours will look the same either way. I think you missed the part that I said the policies he puts in place concern me. I just know that the words that come out of his mouth and the mouth of any politician I know of are worthless so I don't waste time watching them speak for the most part. Also I know it has been a while since we have talked about it but I am not and never have been a Trump supporter.

·
Registered
11,988 Posts
I am guessing that man Christians also voted for the other guy just to be fair about it. I am glad that Moore lost though.
Yes, some did. Real Christians. I can't see any real Christian voting for a guy who did the things Moore did or who espouses the kind of hatefulness Moore seemed to think was part of religion. The people who voted for Moore for some kind of misguided religious reasons miss the point of Christianity. Those who voted against him or stayed home may or may not be missing the point. But at least they didn't go out and support a man who is demonstrably un-Christian in his behavior and attitudes.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
I am guessing that *many* Christians also voted for the other guy just to be fair about it. I am glad that Moore lost though.

My Form 1040 and yours will look the same either way. I think you missed the part that I said the policies he puts in place concern me. I just know that the words that come out of his mouth and the mouth of any politician I know of are worthless so I don't waste time watching them speak for the most part. Also I know it has been a while since we have talked about it but I am not and never have been a Trump supporter.
I'm not saying you are. But to not be involved to the point of detachment is just not a good way of forming a reasoned opinion. That's how lunatics like Louie Gohmert get elected time after time.

And frankly what I'm saying is that your tax bill—and mine—will be higher, not lower, next year when everything's fully netted out. I presume you have a mortgage? And you pay property taxes? And you're saving for you kids' college years? I know there isn't personal income tax in Texas, right? So you're safe there. Nothing to deduct.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts