Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I second the request for the site these came from, would like to see if I can find my fat ass ballin' around there yesterday too! :D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Stubbie said:
I second the request for the site these came from, would like to see if I can find my fat ass ballin' around there yesterday too! :D
Welcome to the Board dude! :headbang

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thx! I figure if they won't let me have IM at work anymore, I might as well find something that will help pass the time between network events! heheh

Welcome to the Board dude!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hallett is an awesome track. Not real fast, never got out of 4th, but real technical. 4 of the 9 people I knew there went down. Jason (Gotgreen) went down on his 3rd lap and he was done. Came into turn 1 to hot and went off. It was either keep it up and run right into the tires head on or lay it down and try to get er shut down in time. He still ended up hitting the tires. Smokeed his upper, headlight, right lower, and right rear set. Sucks he didn't get to keep going, but with the rearset broken and no spare, not much you can do. :( I'll let Stacy (sp?) tell you all about her's and her husbands off's. I went off the track into the grass at about 100-110 mph, got real squirlly, fish tailing and shit, but some how managed to keep it up, how, I don't know. Went into the pit lane, back to the track entrance and gave er hell again. No one was severly injured so that's good.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
:2eek dayyyyyyum that blows ass. glad everyone is ok. grass sucks, especially if its wet...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
gixerking said:
:2eek dayyyyyyum that blows ass. glad everyone is ok. grass sucks, especially if its wet...
Yep, Jason did a little muddin when he went off. All over his bike and boots.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
so which track you like more, hearland or hallett?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Cheese and rice that track is fun but then again I've never done any other track. Yea I bit the dust. 3rd session who knows what lap. Haulin ass to the bus stop hit the brakes cuz it seems you gotta go like 2 mph threw there. Well had a guy in front of me taking the inside, wasn't hungry so I didn't feel like eatin his ass right then and there. Get in behind him and was just going to fast blip the brake and go to the outside to pass and started drifting to far laid her over some more and thats it. I slide and tumble to the grass bike slides to the edge of the grass I'm sitting there looking for my bike and get up and it had flipped about 15 feet over into the tire wall, landed upside down. Stuck in the wall, started right up busted up upper and dash bracket but windscreen didn't bust. Broke right brake lever just from flipping but didn't touch clutch lever and thats the side I went down on. Rode it back to the pits. Could have rode the rest of the day if I would had had extra parts. But my arm hurt so its a good thing I didn't. 2nd session after lunch hubby is last one off the track and I'm shocked cuz he smoked everyone in our group, comes in busted up windscreen and upper leaking oil and bent subframe all to hell. Crashed in the same corner as jason I believe. He was done. So lucky Zach went off roadin but was able to keep it going big thumbs up to you. I feel like some one beat the the shit out of me with a baseball bat today. arm is still swollen neck ribs tailbone ankle, it all hurts.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
well you sound like you are in good spirits givin the circumstances and thats good. i was screwed up quite a bit after my off. im a lot better now that its a ways behind me but i still have a little niche that i cant and probably never will be able to get rid of. anywhos im really glad you all made it home ok, weve had enough rumbles in the bronx here lately :(

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
gixerking said:
so which track you like more, hearland or hallett?
Hallett. More fun cause your turning more and the turns are not as high speed, sharper, and ALOT more elevation change. Right after turn 1 you go over this hill in 3rd and damn near everytime the front end lifted at the crest of the hill, sometimes I had to let off the gas abit cause it would keep lifting and if you didn't let off you would loop it. I like the higher speeds of HP but Hallett is alot harder. Not sure what the top speed was on Hallett but the fastest point was the stright and I never got out of 4th.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Oh yea it was nice to finally meet someone from the board, had a great time Zach we will all have to get together again sometime, but with out the crashes.

Would have stayed up later with yall but had the kidos and plus I wanted to be rested for Sunday. Thanx for the beer.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
chicw/speed said:
Oh yea it was nice to finally meet someone from the board, had a great time Zach we will all have to get together again sometime, but with out the crashes.

Would have stayed up later with yall but had the kidos and plus I wanted to be rested for Sunday. Thanx for the beer.
It was nice to finally meet you and Fred, and the kids. I was wondering if we weren't all keeping you up partying in the parking lot at the hotel, but I guess you guys didn't here us so that cool.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well shit that sucks, I'm glad you are ok.

I swear to God I am going to crash again because its related to being in a group.. someone crowds me or is going too slow or wanders into me or something like that. Me and my space issues.

Eh we will see.. I am still waiting for my first track day ever.

·
Registered
127 Posts
hmmm these kind of reports make me kind of leary of doing a track day. After a set of tires the entrance fee and then paying for everything you bust when you go down seems like an aweful lot of money! :( Im a poor sap and it seems like every track day there are multiple people that go down. Does not sound like my cup-o-tea.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fuscat said:
hmmm these kind of reports make me kind of leary of doing a track day. After a set of tires the entrance fee and then paying for everything you bust when you go down seems like an aweful lot of money! :( Im a poor sap and it seems like every track day there are multiple people that go down. Does not sound like my cup-o-tea.
If you ever wanna go fast, the track is the place to do it. No trees, curbs, cars, signs (you get the idea) to hit in the unfortunate event you might have a get off. Yes, there will be crashes at every track day...but how can you know what your limits are if you don't nudge up against them every now and then? :) There were probably 8-10 crashes yesterday, and not a single person taken to the hospital.

Track days RULE! (even though I've only done two!) :)

Stubbie

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yeah there is something to be said about that, Fuscat. I mean you pay all that money to escape the squids and straights and then you just end up having to deal with more peple that think they are Nicky Hayden.

Most track goers I suspect are very expereinced but there are still people like me that would be there, first timers.. The cycle I have now is paid off and I am thinking about stripping the plastics and making it a track only cycle though. Who knows I may not even like track riding.

·
Registered
411 Posts
That was my first trackday, and I've been riding for 5 years. It was so much fun and I am ready for another. Yea I will be a little timid my first few laps but I've learned my lesson about tight corners. I think its the second pic of Zach the corner he had just came out of I think was the the one I crashed in but not real sure. Very tight and not a lot of room to pass, and now I know.

I don't plan on fixing up my bike I'll just zip tie it and get the parts I need like dash bracket and front brake lever, I dont' need my bike to look perfect it adds a little somthing to it. Ebay is your friend.

Oh and the tires from spoon ROCKED!!!!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts