Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Throat Puncher!
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be able to pick this bike up for 2300 bucks, by the looks of this picture does it look like it's worth it?

It needs a gas cap, ignition, rear wheel assembly, left foot clutch, and right foot clutch. I really like this bike, but I'm not sure if I should even try to dump money into it. A friend of mine is going to help me get it back together, but I don't even have a clue about how much it's going to cost for all of that stuff. Plus I think that the pink slip is a salvage title. That my be a big issue later. Here is a picture of it.

Attachments

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
too much

·
Throat Puncher!
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too much to do or too much to put into it to make it ride-a-ble?

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
I can point you towards an f4 that runs for that price

·
Throat Puncher!
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An F4 that is complete for that price? I live in Las Vegas,NV is it close?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
theres plenty of bikes in vegas. dont get it

·
Throat Puncher!
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok

Anyone have any suggestions where I should get one reasonably priced?

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
$1500 bucks tops. How many miles? Does it run? Check ebay motors- tons of bikes.

·
Throat Puncher!
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure if it runs, but it probably does. I don't think the guy would have purchased it otherwise. Then it would be totally worthless. Also, I need to find out how many miles are on it. What it a reasonable amount for a 99 anyway?

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
mint condition, i see 3500 on the net all day long, less than mint, it really depends

many go for 4000 because hondas hold their value, but i would wait, you will always find that deal

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
mastersixx said:
Anyone have any suggestions where I should get one reasonably priced?
ebay, web forums, YOUR LOCAL PAPER

·
Throat Puncher!
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been looking, but have yet to find a decent deal out there. I'm just wondering how much it will cost me in parts. How much is this thing going to be after it's said and done?

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
You have to make offers, 70% of people selling stuff post an optimistic price, I have talked sellers $1500 off their asking price for bikes before, hell, i see an r1 and a 954 for under 5 grand which i consider an alright deal in the classifieds right now, granted it is just an example and those bikes are probably not what you are looking for

·
Throat Puncher!
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the input. My mechanic friend is going to help me with this project. He is very confident that he can get the parts excluding the rear wheel for about 600 bucks. Then he's think no more than 800 bucks for the wheel used. I'm thinking all used parts here too.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You did not mention that this is a police recovery that was sold at auction.

$2300 + $800 + $600 = $3,700

Too much for a bike that has been molested.

keep looking.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
kill_switch is right...patience grasshopper. You can buy a lot of used bike for 3700 dollars. I bought my bike showroom fresh with 4000 miles on it for 4000 dollars. took me 2 months to find that deal, found it in the local paper.

it's hard to be patient when you cant ride but the longer you wait and look for the right deal I guarantee you will be rewarded. buy a fixer-upper as a second bike, not your first. plus, you will want to make sure that after you sink all this money into it you can title it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts