Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pull up to this stoplight right, and it's an interstate junction. And on my left this guy pulls up to the stoplight in the turn lane to get on the highway after the light turns green.

He's on an F4I (I think, I'm not hip to motorcycles quite yet, just getting into it), and he rocking a backwards ball cap, sunglasses, mesh shorts, an ASU t-shirt with the sleeves cut off, and f-ing flip-flops! And to top it off, after a came to a stop, he reaches in his backpack and pulls out his iPod, and pops his earbuds in. Light changes green (with no green arrow mind you), and he takes off cutting off the on-coming traffic before they got in the intersection.

I almost wanted to follow the guy to see him get skinned alive when he went down, but I can't take my beater scooter on the highways (I don't trust it above 55 mph).

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Octopus? :lol

Yea, not the safest thing in the world.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay...will someone please explain to me the meaning behind dubbing somone a "squid."

It's just not clicking in my head...

·
Registered
623 Posts
d.kerg said:
So I pull up to this stoplight right, and it's an interstate junction. And on my left this guy pulls up to the stoplight in the turn lane to get on the highway after the light turns green.

He's on an F4I (I think, I'm not hip to motorcycles quite yet, just getting into it), and he rocking a backwards ball cap, sunglasses, mesh shorts, an ASU t-shirt with the sleeves cut off, and f-ing flip-flops! And to top it off, after a came to a stop, he reaches in his backpack and pulls out his iPod, and pops his earbuds in. Light changes green (with no green arrow mind you), and he takes off cutting off the on-coming traffic before they got in the intersection.

I almost wanted to follow the guy to see him get skinned alive when he went down, but I can't take my beater scooter on the highways (I don't trust it above 55 mph).
Its not safe and sounds like someone is jelouse....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, I'm jealous of the bike, but hell, I wear a helmet and gloves and pants everywhere I roll on my scooter. Better safe, than sorry, right? I even took the MSF course out in Gilbert before I got my scooter to commute to school.

But jealous of a douche bag who won't get on his bike agian after a wreck wearing what he was? *Pffffff* Jealous..............please.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
d.kerg said:
Okay...will someone please explain to me the meaning behind dubbing somone a "squid."

It's just not clicking in my head...

The guy you described:

This is a classic, text-book definition of a squid. Idiot riding recklessly on a sportbike with no gear.

As an acronym, I've heard a couple definitions:

SQUirrly kID

Stupid, QUick, and Inevitably Dead

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
if you are labeled a squid it means you cant ride well, take risks, endanger yourself and others, and plain ride without any class.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the second one is a better description.

These idiots are all over here around Tempe and Mesa.

·
Registered
501 Posts
it's better to worry about what you are doing than what others are doing. it's his ass, not yours. now if he were violating your right to ride safely, then I'd have a problem. but get used to it, the more you get into bikes the more you realize how much people just don't care about safety, from idiot cagers to idiot squids, people just don't care.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
haha this is all i have to add

1 - 18 of 18 Posts