Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to the forum and I have been doing some mods to the bike. I have an 07 ZZR and I was wondering if it is possible to route the exhaust under the tail to give it a cleaner look. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
441 Posts
Possible? Yes.
Practical? If you're good with a welder and have exhaust experience, yeah.. Otherwise, either make friends or forget it. Thats my understanding anyway.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I think you would have to completely lose the trunk (black plastic under the passenger seat). An exhaust shop could cut and weld up some new pipe, and then put the flange back on.

I have read a few negatives about undertail exhausts:

Some have complained about the low pressure area behind the rider collecting exhaust fumes, and therefore making the rider smell as if they have been standing right behind the bike.

Heat - some mag article have complained about the heat of the exhaust under the seat. Exhausts get better airflow when they are out to the side.

Funny how trends change. I can recall when the was trendy to have dual exhausts, then there was the single can, then the high mount, then the undertail mount, now manufacturers seem to be favoring the GP style 'shorty' exhausts.

I still like the look of the single can on one side personally.

·
we the people ...right?
926 Posts
I always thought this was a sweet set up...
BikePics - juanzzr600's 2006 Kawasaki ZZR 600 / ZX6 Home Page on BikePics.Com
I know nothing about it.
I just found it on day and saved the link.

From what I d hear...
There was a company that is no longer in business that once
used to build a 'kit' for ouw bikes back in the day.

I would have no prob giving up trunk for an undertail.

Good luck and keep us posted if ya find anything.
I gave up. :cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts