Sport Bikes banner

"Is This Like One Of Those Tags On Your Mattress That You Can't Remove???"

2K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  SicR6 
#1 · (Edited)
Is This DOT Sticker Like One Of Those Tags On Your Mattress That You Can't Remove???

Is this like one of those tags on your mattress that you can't remove ..... cause I removed my DOT sticker the second I got my new lid????

Hmmm...maybe that's why all the cops are staring at me? :nuts

#3 · (Edited)
Take the shield off, then see if they really stare. I think theres a DOT sticker within the helmet itself, unless its a WALMART helmet.

See you made me do it. I went to look on my helmet and there is NO DOT sticker, but then again, its a Daijiro Shoei. I think they are fucking with you.
Turn the helmet inside out and point. EZ ticket to get dismissed.

Attachments

#4 ·
My hjc has it clearcoated on the back.....but the sticker is pretty small and i honestly don't see a reason to remove mine.
I try not to give cops a reason to screw with me. Fact is if they want to give you a ticket they'll find something they can ticket you for. You can probably get it waved but it costs you in time spent dinking around getting it done. Not worth the hassle for me.

#5 ·
That's the one sticker you're supposed to have on there and the only one I left alone. And I thought DOT stickers were on the back and Snell stickers are inside. Hmm, maybe there's DOT inside too?

#7 ·
pigrat said:
here in Aus if you take the DOT sticker off its a $100 fine and if the cop is a real pig he will make you walk your bike home. Helmet laws are inforceable here btw...
I'm fairly sure over in states w/ helmet laws, the same applies to non-DOT helmets. Why else would there be such a market on ebay for fake DOT stickers? So the poseurs wearing their "badass" novelty helmets can skirt Johnny Law. :) :banana

#10 ·
beowulf2k said:
Take the shield off, then see if they really stare. I think theres a DOT sticker within the helmet itself, unless its a WALMART helmet.

Nope, no Walmart helmet here. I'm gonna try to attach a picture of the helmet I bought so ya' can see why I 'had to take mine off'. :egrin

Attachments

#13 ·
Your DOT sticker is an indication of proof that your helmet is legal. You can prove it other ways but you can also be ticketed just because you don't have it. Why bother.

BTW, any helmet sold as a safety helmet (and not a novelty helmet) must meet DOT standards. This includes the ones at Walmart.

This year, Maryland has decided to go after novely helmets. They've distributed a picture card to cops to help them determine what is a real and what is a fake helmet. I've been amused by the picture methodology. Apparently, we don't want to confuse them with words. ;-)

#15 ·
Well I went to Walmart today and saw the Bell helmets, they do have DOT and even the cute chrome half shells, however, they reallly dont look too safe or even really felt safe, but hell a Bell is better than no helmet eh?

But pulling someone over for lack of DOT sticker is chicken shit, especially when its obviously a full face.

#16 ·
beowulf2k said:
Well I went to Walmart today and saw the Bell helmets, they do have DOT and even the cute chrome half shells, however, they reallly dont look too safe or even really felt safe, but hell a Bell is better than no helmet eh?

But pulling someone over for lack of DOT sticker is chicken shit, especially when its obviously a full face.
Got pulled over and ticketed for no DOT sticker on my Suomy helmet a few weeks ago. When I bought the Suomy extreme it had this hideous yellow sticker on it (you would think they would at least use one of those clear stickers), so I peeled it off. Figures that little move would come back to haunt me. I eventually just removed a DOT sticker from one of my old helmets and just stuck it on the back of the Suomy. Actually looks better then the guady yellow one that came with it.

#20 ·
SicR6 said:
Nope, no Walmart helmet here. I'm gonna try to attach a picture of the helmet I bought so ya' can see why I 'had to take mine off'. :egrin
Oh, now we see. You and your helmet are just so damn badass, no way some little sticker's gonna mess up your plan. You're Sic, duuuude. :rolleyes Now go outside and ride your bicycle, young man. Mom will have dinner ready soon.

#21 · (Edited)
vuu16v said:
Oh, now we see. You and your helmet are just so damn badass, no way some little sticker's gonna mess up your plan. You're Sic, duuuude. :rolleyes Now go outside and ride your bicycle, young man. Mom will have dinner ready soon.
:eek:nfloor Now wasn't that a good ol' fashioned, genuine, knee slapper??

Look who's talking 'young man', last time I checked I'll be turning 35 a week from Monday. So .... who's the 'young man' little boy??? Maybe you ought to talk to your Momma about assuming things before you know what's really up? :urowned

Whatever fool, sounds like someone is jealous to me. Hmmm ... let's see, I live by the beach, I ride a limited 04' R6 'with mods', and I obviously have cash to buy some good gear. You live in, what, Ohio (searching for backroads) and you ride a 94' ZX6E (Oh yeah, don't forget the 'mods'!!!), right? I think you're the one with the bicycle homey or is it really a tractor with training wheels??? :spank :lao

Power Commander III
K&N Air Filter
Fender Eliminator
Shock Carbon Fiber Turn Signals

#22 ·
SicR6 said:
:eek:nfloor Now wasn't that a good ol' fashioned, genuine, knee slapper??

Look who's talking 'young man', last time I checked I'll be turning 35 a week from Monday. So .... who's the 'young man' little boy??? Maybe you ought to talk to your Momma about assuming things before you know what's really up? :urowned

Whatever fool, sounds like someone is jealous to me. Hmmm ... let's see, I live by the beach, I ride a limited 04' R6 'with mods', and I obviously have cash to buy some good gear. You live in, what, Ohio (searching for backroads) and you ride a 94' ZX6E (Oh yeah, don't forget the 'mods'!!!), right? I think you're the one with the bicycle homey or is it really a tractor with training wheels??? :lao

Vuu16v said:
Oh, now we see. You and your helmet are just so damn badass, no way some little sticker's gonna mess up your plan. You're Sic, duuuude. Now go outside and ride your bicycle, young man. Mom will have dinner ready soon.

OH YEA, WELL MY UNCLE IS OLDER THAN BOTH OF YOU CAN CAN KICK YOUR ASSES!!!!!!!!

Seriously, you both are in your 30's not the third grade. Act like it?

#23 ·
v4barnes said:
Seriously, you both are in your 30's not the third grade. Act like it?
Just having a little fun with the 'young man'!! Gotta admit it's entertaining? :popcorn :cheers

#24 ·
SicR6 said:
Whatever fool, sounds like someone is jealous to me. Hmmm ... let's see, I live by the beach, I ride a limited 04' R6 'with mods', and I obviously have cash to buy some good gear. You live in, what, Ohio (searching for backroads) and you ride a 94' ZX6E (Oh yeah, don't forget the 'mods'!!!), right? I think you're the one with the bicycle homey or is it really a tractor with training wheels??? :lao

Power Commander III
K&N Air Filter
Fender Eliminator
Shock Carbon Fiber Turn Signals
Jealous? Yep, you got me. I know nothing about you (other than you're not very bright), but somehow I'm jealous. Or maybe, I ride what I ride because I have two kids, two houses, three cars and ZERO debt. It's called priorities. That and my dick's not so small that I feel I need the latest and greatest (that neither you nor I can possibly use to it's potential).

Between the Ohlins and engine mods, an R6 limited doesn't impress my bike. And how come I've yet to see a NON-limited R6? Dime a dozen maybe? Must be special like the 1 million HD anniversary models they pumped out.

And you are obviously older than I. Good job w/ that math. I posted like you were a kid, because frankly, you're about as knowledgable. But don't worry, your bike's way cooler, even if you're a rock. But I bet I can hit the bank tomorrow morning and withdrawl R6 money before you can grab a book and learn to read. So who's jealous of what? :eek:nfloor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.