Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geez...it was really cool when this forum used to be for women exchanging MOTORCYCLE RELATED ideas/experiences/questions/etc. Anyway....

Yesterday I was out riding with my two cousins and we stopped over at one of my friends' house. My buddy mentioned that she was in the market for a motorcycle, but since she's only 4'11, she was kind of hesitant on the issue. I told her to sit on my bike (unlowered CBR F4i) and she had a hard time reaching the ground. She planted herself on my cousins' bikes (GSXR 600, GSXR 750) and even though their bikes were lowered, she was still a few inches short of being flat footed on both sides.

A friend let me ride his lowered CBR 954RR and contrary to what I've read, it didn't feel like his suspension had suffered at all. I swept through corners better than I do on my F4i. It was sweet. Ever since then, I've wanted to lower my bike, for stability and aesthetics purposes. Since I'm 5'6, I don't think lowering more than two inches would be comfortable.

So anyway, I've come across a website that offers lowering kits for the F4i
http://www.schnitzracing.com/ and was wondering if anyone's had any experiences with the Wayne lowering link? If not, what did you do/use to lower your bike? How many inches did you lower it, how tall are you, and how did it affect your ride? Did you have to install other equipment, such as dampners/steering stabilizer for added stability?

Thanks and Happy Fourth of July!!!!! :)

Attachments

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
It still is......however I have been on this site for 2 years and the traffic in this forum was usually dead! So we have things in here for ladies who want a little bit more than just motorcycle related items.

To answer your question, I used a dogbone for my R6, I am 5'4" with about a 30 inch inseam. I don't know how it affects my handling as it has been lowered since I started riding it....many have told me to take it back up when I hit the track..that it will handle better.

I don't have a damper and have had no problems with head shake or anything of the kind. The only thing I can compare to is my Ninja 250--not lowered---the R6 has a pretty sharp turn radius that doesn't take much to make it flip into a corner.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I agree with Rsixxy on the womens forums.. We women need more, like naked men! hahah... :2fingers j/k!

No, but seriously, I had to lower my 01" 929RR.. I put on an Ohlins, and i love it. It did nothing to the handling. She still corners like a dream. http://www.ohlins.com/cgi-bin/dbsok/newsearch.pl?category=mc look there.. that's what I have. Also on the dap. I have a Scotts. Not because of my lowing the bike, but just for safety sake. They come pretty much standard for all my bikes. It's a good "just in case" insurance. Never know when your gonna get tank slap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts