Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
WTF guy
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone please tell me that this isn't real... it cant be... why would you EVER build something like this :bitchslap

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
peldor said:
Someone please tell me that this isn't real... it cant be... why would you EVER build something like this :bitchslap
It's called a "roundabout" they have then in Europe all over the place.

They even have them here in the States.

If you saw "National Lampoons European Vacation" you'd know all about them.

Traffic going into it yields to traffic already in the roundabout. Once you get in you gor one way around the circle and peel off to whatever road you want to get on. If done right it's very efficient to handle a large amount of traffic in a short amount of time.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
I think everyone knows what a roundabout is, but that looks like a nightmare! Maybe it makes sense when you go through it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think it would be better if it actually had islands on it instead of just paint on the road. That might work in Europe, but if you had those in abundance in the states, OMG are you talking about an 200 car pileup waiting to happen or what!

·
Registered
304 Posts
That looks like a quintuple roundabout.

I guess that there's roundabout 50 accidents a day on it.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Most roundabouts that I've seen have had an island in the middle of the thing. With a compound roundabout, though, you need to be able to see what's going on on the other roundabouts so that you can make a wise decision about what to do with your own vehicle.

Those wouldn't work too well in the states. Most drivers have problems navigating on CLOVERLEAFS. In Europe, though, drivers are put through much more rigorous testing and training, and accidents on the whole are less common. From what I understand, accidents on roundabouts generally spur from tourists trying to navigate them. :lol

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
looks like fun draggin knee practice(at night of course)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've saw those on t.v. a lot.We actually have something like it here in Florida.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
There's Big Ben kids, Parliament. :lao

1 - 12 of 12 Posts