Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my budddy is willing to sell me his 02 zx6r it has 6800 miles on it $4600, its in good shape...but there this slight hesitation when you rev it at like 3-4k...i assume the carbs need cleaning and some new plugs...he doesent have the manual...when do i need to adjust the valves?

4600 a good deal with 6800 miles?

Attachments

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
depends do you know how to ride?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Mach said:
my budddy is willing to sell me his 02 zx6r it has 6800 miles on it $4600, its in good shape...but there this slight hesitation when you rev it at like 3-4k...i assume the carbs need cleaning and some new plugs...he doesent have the manual...when do i need to adjust the valves?

4600 a good deal with 6800 miles?

carb cleaning...sure why not. but has it been sitting awhile?

valve adjustments are usually 10-15k miles.

and i would say its a good deal...kawas are known to be bullet proof. i baught my gixxer for 4300 with a second gear that was going bad. i just put a new engine in it though :)

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Mach said:
yea, i've owned dirtbikes....regardless....is it worth it as a purchase?
so not really........he rode D/B as well, and thought he was ready. the bike your looking is only a tad less dangerous......

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=326

btw, call your ins. co. before you buy any bike, they may tell what bike you can get....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RACER X said:
so not really........he rode D/B as well, and thought he was ready. the bike your looking is only a tad less dangerous......

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=326

btw, call your ins. co. before you buy any bike, they may tell what bike you can get....

yea i read that like a month a 2 ago...he hit a pot hole and grabbed throttle, but i'm not a teenager..i'm 28

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also my buddy whos selling it....was his 1st bike eva...he put 700 miles on it...going easy...doing a few spurts here and there...and hes fine..atleast i have clutch,brake,throttle experience..he still cant use the clutch right

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Its a pretty fair deal. Not going to be the cheapest ever recorded but its on the low end of fair.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Mach said:
...but i'm not a teenager..i'm 28
OH! That's the age that people wake up and know how to ride!!!

Dirtbikes mean very little. Manipulation of the controls is a relatively small piece of the puzzle that is riding a motorcycle on the street.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
freeride said:
OH! That's the age that people wake up and know how to ride!!!

Dirtbikes mean very little. Manipulation of the controls is a relatively small piece of the puzzle that is riding a motorcycle on the street.

has nothing to do with my thread :headbang..i asked if it was a good deal.....not "do you think i can handle 600ccss"

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
luckily this is the i-net and we can type whatever we want, i guess at that age you already know more then REAL rider's, cuz of your age.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Is it a decent deal? Yes....

Should you get it? Nope, not with only dirt experience, two different worlds.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
firefighter81 said:
Is it a decent deal? Yes....

Should you get it? Nope, not with only dirt experience, two different worlds.

yea but i dont know why...my buddy knows crap about riding and hes been fine, i am much more experienced..i owned 4 dirtbikes!..hes owned nothing up untill the zx6r

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Just because he has ridden and hasn't wrecked doesn't mean he "fine." Also, four dirtbikes doesn't mean anything, except that you are familiar with motorcycle style controls. Dirt riding and street riding are nothing alike, and if you're not careful and try to use your dirt skills on the street bike you are gonna go down, hard and fast.

You've already realized it's a decent deal, but it can be easily found again. Why not spend $2500 to get used Ninja EX500 and some gear, and really learn about the fundamentals of street riding, then in 6 months or a year get what you want. It's been proven over and over again that doing it that way is the best way to do it.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
and sell the 500 for $2400, but have a wealth of experience.

also don't forget to take the www.msf-usa.org class

and when your comfy w/ the 500, go do a trackday, and learn some more.

·
Registered
346 Posts
anywhere between 4-4500 would be good deal. If you want it get it. People on here don't realize that people can make there own decisons. You've been on this site for a while, you've read the threads. Hopefully you understand the importance of riding within your skills, wearing your gear, and taking the msf. good luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts