Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently live In greensburg PA, which ill admit isnt exactly sportbike heaven but there is still a fair number of pretty good roads around here. Im considering moving to The merritt island/ cocoa beach area of florida, and Im wondering what are the roads like down there? Is there anything that resembles a twisty, or are all the decent roads miles and miles away or what? *note* I hate stunting... im looking for roads with turns in them, not 6 mile long straights.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Heck yeah there's some good roads down here, I think there was just a thread up about this in the Florida board you might want to check in there. :D

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
i might have to check that thread, cause i dont know of any, and ive asked around. everything down here so far is shit.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
sure there are, at Jennings... :lol :twofinger

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
1st, you're in the wrong forum...You need to ask the people who live there...

2nd...Hell yeah, look at that bad azz set below :headbang

Seriously, we have some decent roads...You just have to know the people who know where they're at...Keep in mind, we couldn't hold a birthday candle to the guys up north when it comes to good, winding roads, but we ride EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE YEAR...The rain is the only thing that will keep your bike in the garage...You can't beat that...

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
im from southern pa...and the answer is no...haha nothing at all comparable to pa, on and off ramps are good

·
Registered
346 Posts
might as well sell your bike before you go down there. i have a feeling you will be very dissapointed. unless you like riding the "twisites" through your local neighborhood. :cool:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
There are twistie roads, you just may have to travel to get to them. I have searched out a couple in my local area that are ok. You don't have the change in elevation as much as say PA but you can find it down here. You will probably be disappointed if that is what you are used to, but you do get to ride all year. It is a trade off. Heading to Merritt Island? Good luck finding some twisties on the east coast. Enjoy the beach tho-

·
Registered
76 Posts
omg someone from my hometown knows how to use the internet!!

don't come to TX -- twisties are here, but you have to do some highway riding to go find them.

on the other hand, there is no debris or Deer Danger in TX.

hmmm

·
Registered
58 Posts
Guess it depends what you are used to. The Florida guys I ride with in the mountains here say no. It is a one day trailer haul up here to the mountains from FL.

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
ya, to do some real riding, we trailer the machines up to Suchess in Georgia. T.W.O. rocks, and the roads are heavenly, and not as crowded or as filled with squids as the Gap. only about a 9 hour trip from st pete.

·
Registered
129 Posts
none what so ever . you people keep saying jennings jennings might as well be in georgia . mount dora supposedly has some but as far as i know disneys roads are suppose to be good. The only times i found twisties was when i went out side and spun around in a circle and where i stopped with my finger pointed out is where i rode. Then i would never be able to find it again so it sucked.

later

just my .02 though

·
Registered
558 Posts
ya, to do some real riding, we trailer the machines up to Suchess in Georgia. T.W.O. rocks, and the roads are heavenly, and not as crowded or as filled with squids as the Gap. only about a 9 hour trip from st pete.
^^Just stayed at T.W.O 2 weeks ago.. The roads around there are fuckin beautiful, route 60 and route 180 are both killer roads, but you can basically explore anywhere around there and the roads will be just as beautiful... Not too many squids, but you do need to watch out for people who are under the impression that they are on the track, and forget that they are public roads which people do drive on. I have seen at least 4 accidents on 60. The most recent was 2 weeks ago, a gix1k lowsided directly into the side of the mountain.. wasn't pretty and we were the first ones on the seen, luckily dude was wearing gear.

·
Registered
109 Posts
BuStEdAsS996 said:
none what so ever . you people keep saying jennings jennings might as well be in georgia . mount dora supposedly has some but as far as i know disneys roads are suppose to be good. The only times i found twisties was when i went out side and spun around in a circle and where i stopped with my finger pointed out is where i rode. Then i would never be able to find it again so it sucked.

later

just my .02 though
Jennings is about a 2.5 hour ride from orlando, done it many times. If you are hardcore rider, then 2.5 is nothing. The cost is a factor though, and that is just 1 track out of a few IN florida. Many people have to go across state lines to find 1, let atlone 2,3 or 4 tracks.

As far as twisties on the roads, there are several really really good places to ride in central florida. As far as elevation changes, nope, no mountains here. However, you are going to have much better luck actually joining some rides, if you are in CFL, http://www.central-florida-cycle.com/index.html.

Try the Florida section of the website, there are rides from the lakeland/tampa guys just about every weekend, nice back roads, great guys.

However, as for someone just telling you where the roads are and sweet spots, good luck, not going to happen. For obvious reasons.

Not for anyone in particular, but if some of people rode as much as they bitched about not having roads to ride, they'd find some really good ones. The best? Nope, no mountains here, sorry, but fun none the less!

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Solitude said:
I currently live In greensburg PA, which ill admit isnt exactly sportbike heaven but there is still a fair number of pretty good roads around here. Im considering moving to The merritt island/ cocoa beach area of florida, and Im wondering what are the roads like down there? Is there anything that resembles a twisty, or are all the decent roads miles and miles away or what? *note* I hate stunting... im looking for roads with turns in them, not 6 mile long straights.

Of all places to move in FL why merritt island/cocoa beach area....my son lives just north of there in Titusville and if it wasn't for him I'd be nowhere near that area.

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
My area is all about straights and 90 degrees. Twisties? FORGET IT! It's a nightmare. And when I do find twisties...the roads are too small and scattered with debris like pineneedles, dirt, sand, pebbles, gravel, etc.

It's just downright dangerous. No more twisties for me. Which is why my bike will be seeing no suspension changes...just go-fast and stop-fast mods. :(

Me and my buddy rode about 25 miles away and found some...but it's like, three twisties, followed by LONG top-speed straights, and they're slight bank super-high speed twisties. Like, 90-100 mph for me, 140 mph for him. My suspension isn't nearly as stable as his is...not to mention my bike doesn't have the power. (My buddy has a CBR600RR.... Lol...)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts