Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a great deal BUT the guy has no title. It was a friends bike and he moved etc. Now assuming the VIN is clean and it isnt stolen is there any way to get around the fact he has no title to get the bike registered? If not Im thinking of getting it as a track bike for down the road or something.

Thanks for any help.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
well if it is clean, you just have to do some paper work and get a new title

·
VTX1300c rider
1,082 Posts
I came across a great deal BUT the guy has no title. It was a friends bike and he moved etc.

Legally, the "friend" still owns the bike until he/she transfers ownership.
Even ufyou file for lost title, it will come back in his/her name. Then you have to track him/her down to transfer it.

'

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thanks for the help Im going to pass on this whole deal. The guy said its titled in his friends , FRIENDS name now.

Something is not cool here and I want no part of it.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Good call on passing. Title problems are never worth it. IF it was legit, say you come across a bike with no problems and a missing title, have the seller reapply for the title and contact you when it arrives.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can't register a motor vehicle in Florida without a title, and the title must be in your name
Yeap so buy it for bout 200 or 100 bc isnt worth shit n n just drive it as long as you can ya kno and dont pull over run frm them theyll give up . its worth 200 ya know

1 - 11 of 11 Posts