Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"m about to purchase a bike and I just want to cover my bases.

fyi, for those that will ask, first bike, ninja 650r :)

·
Finally Riding
1,987 Posts
I"m about to purchase a bike and I just want to cover my bases.

fyi, for those that will ask, first bike, ninja 650r :)
I don't know of any, of course, i've only purchased 1 bike. But I do know there's a sticky on this forum somewhere about purchasing a used bike. They are so small, and just about everything is out in the open, you should be able to look over it and see any major damage.

·
Just Kiss The Tip
3,017 Posts
but then it wouldn't be a carfax would it...???

no really, the best option would to be to do a search through your state's DMV or the state that the bike is titled.

P.S. the first line is just an attempt to express the mentality of most posters here...you usually have to dig through the BS posts before you find a good answer....no harm intended.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
carfax does work for motocycles
Bwahahahaha. The timing of this post is remarkable.

I don't think that I have ever heard of any type of "carfax for motorcycles." The best thing to do is check to see if he has serviced his bike as per the manual, and to make sure he hasn't raced/stunted/wrecked his bike, which can be found out two ways. 1. by simply asking him. and 2. by noticing how the bike looks and what has been done to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
carfax reports are gathered through data given to the dmv and since a motorcycle is registered throught the dmv, then i see no reason you could not use it. Wont help if he didnt make a claim through his insurance agency.

carfax reports shows when it was bought, sold, or insurance claim was made. Atleast thats what i remember from when i bought a car a few years ago.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got the bike, it looks great, everything seems fine. Didn't do a carfax check though.

it's an 06 with 550 miles... couldn't have had TOO much happen in that span of time (i hope). Been putting around my neighborhood the last couple days. Might head out and try while there are cars out next week :)

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
hmm.....carfax for bikes....

so it would be a cyclefax then, huh?

:neener

1 - 10 of 10 Posts