Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I am thinking about selling my 01 gixxer 600 and getting a 02 750. The 600 is okay but I feel as if I have already gotten use to it speed and handling. What I want to know is, is it really that much of a step up? or should I just wait and go for the 1000 next year? Any input? Thanks

·
Registered
765 Posts
'01 GSX-R600
115 hp @ 13000 rpm
Torque 50.9 ft. lbs @ 10800 rpm
Dry weight 359.4 pounds

'02 GSX-R750
140 hp @ 12500 rpm
Torque 62.7 ft. lbs @ 10500 rpm
Dry weight 366 pounds

25 extra hp, and 12 extra ft lbs of torque. Dont sound like much, but a 750 is a pretty potent machine. If you can get a good deal, I say go for it. I know I would.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
If you think you are ready to move up to a larger bike and feel confident in your abilities then I would go ahead and do so the 750 is the perfect bike in my opinion but then again I still like alot of the current 600s

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
21 natas said:
If you think you are ready to move up to a larger bike and feel confident in your abilities then I would go ahead and do so the 750 is the perfect bike in my opinion but then again I still like alot of the current 600s
+ a BIG 1 on that! I love 750s, best of both sporting worlds.
(but they don't come in my color... :p )
Seriously, on the street all top-self sporting bikes are very very close regardless of cc's.
In the tight stuff, with equal riders, the smaller bikes have an inherent advantage.
On the stretches, the b***** bikes pull 'em.
750 Baby! The great equalizer!

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
I went from an F4i to the 750.
Nice noticeable difference but not huge. On the Honda I was able to take some of the literbikes in the tight stuff but they would pull me in straights.

Thats OK, now they dont. Me and a buddy (R1) were on a ride, had a straight road for 8 miles or so and we took off from 4th. I took it, pulled him from the jump. We are equal in skill level, it was a fun moment.

I definetly feel the 750 is the best of both worlds even if I havent owned a "1000". I have ridin them before, especially the above mentioned R1. The 750 is where I'll stay unless I get another 600, they are just soo fun to ride on a track.

·
WTF, OVER ?
1,429 Posts
B.E.T. said:
I went from an F4i to the 750.
Nice noticeable difference but not huge. On the Honda I was able to take some of the literbikes in the tight stuff but they would pull me in straights.

Thats OK, now they dont. Me and a buddy (R1) were on a ride, had a straight road for 8 miles or so and we took off from 4th. I took it, pulled him from the jump. We are equal in skill level, it was a fun moment.

I definetly feel the 750 is the best of both worlds even if I havent owned a "1000". I have ridin them before, especially the above mentioned R1. The 750 is where I'll stay unless I get another 600, they are just soo fun to ride on a track.
you go boy lol....when do you want to drag race against mine ???

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
BBarnes719 said:
you go boy lol....when do you want to drag race against mine ???
Hey bro, whenever you finally break that biotch in. All's ya got to do is call a brotha. :flipa :headbang

Hows it comin along anyway? Are ya gettin comfy on it yet? It definetly wasnt that hard to get acustomed to it for me, just a lil cautious with throttle inputs in the corners. I am up to speed on it now though. Took it to Jennings for the 1st time and took 4/5 seconds off my best time from the Honda. I was impressed with myself :)

·
WTF, OVER ?
1,429 Posts
B.E.T. said:
Hey bro, whenever you finally break that biotch in. All's ya got to do is call a brotha. :flipa :headbang

Hows it comin along anyway? Are ya gettin comfy on it yet? It definetly wasnt that hard to get acustomed to it for me, just a lil cautious with throttle inputs in the corners. I am up to speed on it now though. Took it to Jennings for the 1st time and took 4/5 seconds off my best time from the Honda. I was impressed with myself :)
she's running like a dream, i "streched her legs" this weekend...i had forgoten what 170 som'n felt like.....too damn bad i was running out of road QUICK....
she handles well, runs well, im am very pleased w/ my purchase

pm me your number (i think i have it) and one weekend we'll hook up

·
Registered
24 Posts
axgxgy said:
Hey All,

I am thinking about selling my 01 gixxer 600 and getting a 02 750. The 600 is okay but I feel as if I have already gotten use to it speed and handling. What I want to know is, is it really that much of a step up? or should I just wait and go for the 1000 next year? Any input? Thanks
I had an 03 636 before my 04 750. I can say it is a huge diff. in power. The first time I pinned it from 1st gear thru 4th I was blown away by the power diff. and accelaration. A 750 will handle a shitload better then the 1000.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts