Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Spoonin' leads to Forkin'
1,140 Posts
How well it go over if it was a white mayor saying "let's make NO a vanilla city"? It would be 10x worse and everyone knows this.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My wife and I have cancelled our trip to N.O. for Mardi Gras. We dug deep and gave 'till it hurt and put in volunteer time for the refugees who came to our area. But I will not contribute another single dime towards that city as long as Willie Ragin Wonka is Mayor of that city. Racist fucktard.

·
Registered
230 Posts
There are many good people in NO and I will visit there again, NOT for the Mayor of that city but for the people who have provided welcome carpet for all visitors anywhere you go, restaurants, bars, shops, and from the people you run into, the friendly atmosphere and kind gestures people of NO have provided.

Mayor does not speak for the good people of NO so don't penalize them for his imprudent remark.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've given more than my fair share. I love N.O. and have spent a lot of time and lots of my hard earned money there. But I don't think I'm "chocolate" enough for the mayor. Perhaps if the good people of N.O. realize that a lot of people feel the same way as I do they will ditch that crazy mofo.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
It's unfortunate that those comments were made at a day that celebrates the contributions of a man, who IMHO, should be cannonized for his esposed views on equality, freedom and racial harmony.

Thumbs down, Nagin.

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
license2ill said:
Haha, never heard that one before. Check yourself, before others have to point it out.

You are the most racist person ON THIS BOARD...

You continue to find it acceptable for a black person to make comments like those of the NO mayor... BUT you accuse everyone else of being racist against blacks, immigrants etc etc...

Forgive me, since I am clearly not as intelligent as you, but isnt a racist someone that makes detrimental comments to a person of another race? Or do you consider the mayor of NO to be exempt because he is black... and a black person cant be racist?

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
BusaDave said:
Priceless! :popcorn :rolleyes
you spend more time on here than I do... your point?

I'd love to hear it...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey, look, all I have to say on the whole situation is this: The State of Louisiana is a really crappy state to begin with. New Orleans was alright, I guess, but it's a real shithole now. Wait 'til next hurricane season!

However, in light of the crime that the evacuation of New Orleans has brought to my state - TX - I hope that the former residents of the city do listen to Mr. Nagin - and not only the black population, but whites, hispanics, and everyone else as well. I'm not a racist, and I don't agree with what he said in whole, but I do wish that the people from that state to our east would go back there.....or just somewhere else. I haven't met any of them, personally - but I do know that our crime rate went up a bit in a short time because of the criminal element in the evacuees.

Granted, I'm sure that majority of New Orleanians are good people that just wanted a place to stay until they can go back - more power to them.

What I would like to see is for those who "migrated" to "migrate" back! That's all!

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
What's the fasination? Are we really surprised that socially challenged officials are elected to office? We have plenty of examples. You have to love when bigots like Nagin and Clinton have to open their hate-filled mouths on a day that immortalizes a man that contributed to it's end.

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
This has been an interesting thread, in my opinion. Reason being I felt much like the majority of you, in that I thought his comments were inappropriate and ignorant.

I discussed this man's remarks with a gentleman I work with who is from N.O.; a man who still maintains a household in N.O.; a man who flies back to N.O. from KY every other weekend and who knows the mayor personally.

This gentleman raised my eyebrows with his comments. Specifically, I was made aware that Nagin is a genuinely nice person. He's the coach of my coworker's nephew's little league team. I was made aware of the fact Nagin was a businessman before he was mayor. His political background is not that strong. He knows how to conduct himself in a business setting, but events of the past six months would test the limits of even the best of politicians, and I think that his remarks were the first signs of a broken man. He made some bad comments and he's being blasted for them. Rightfully so? Tough question, in light of all that's happened in N.O. recently. Were his comments really indicitive of his true feelings, or did he simply bow to pressure from certain outside influences? If, in fact, his comments were not genuine, is he still a bad mayor, or did he just make a bad decision?

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I would happen to follow the thought that his past decisions leading up to the event that took place does mean he is a poor choice for political service.

A business man does not always make a great leader. It does not always make for the best decisions of what is good for the people.

The fact that he showed his true colors with a undignified statement such as he made only shows me all the more why he shouldnt be re-elected.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Drifter said:
This gentleman raised my eyebrows with his comments. Specifically, I was made aware that Nagin is a genuinely nice person. He's the coach of my coworker's nephew's little league team. I was made aware of the fact Nagin was a businessman before he was mayor. His political background is not that strong. He knows how to conduct himself in a business setting, but events of the past six months would test the limits of even the best of politicians, and I think that his remarks were the first signs of a broken man. He made some bad comments and he's being blasted for them. Rightfully so? Tough question, in light of all that's happened in N.O. recently. Were his comments really indicitive of his true feelings, or did he simply bow to pressure from certain outside influences? If, in fact, his comments were not genuine, is he still a bad mayor, or did he just make a bad decision?
I fail to see any justification on his comments. The disaster that devastated the area undoubtedly created tremendous stress on political leadership, but they cannot resort to transposing that frustration through hate, intentionally or otherwise.

·
Registered
230 Posts
G-Daddy said:
Hey, look, all I have to say on the whole situation is this: The State of Louisiana is a really crappy state to begin with. New Orleans was alright, I guess, but it's a real shithole now. Wait 'til next hurricane season!

However, in light of the crime that the evacuation of New Orleans has brought to my state - TX - I hope that the former residents of the city do listen to Mr. Nagin - and not only the black population, but whites, hispanics, and everyone else as well. I'm not a racist, and I don't agree with what he said in whole, but I do wish that the people from that state to our east would go back there.....or just somewhere else. I haven't met any of them, personally - but I do know that our crime rate went up a bit in a short time because of the criminal element in the evacuees.

Granted, I'm sure that majority of New Orleanians are good people that just wanted a place to stay until they can go back - more power to them.

What I would like to see is for those who "migrated" to "migrate" back! That's all!

Just the above statement as your hollow prologue would've been sufficed. The rest, I fail to see the point you’re trying to make.

Your line of argument and condemnation on the entire state of Louisiana, the city of NO and the unsupported crime rate that’s so significant as a result of people who have migrated to your state directly contradict with your assertion "Majority of NO people are good people" and added "I have never met any of them" statement truly is pointless and eccentric.

You have no justification for any of your statement except to add an unconstructive criticism and generalize the people of NO.

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
mikem317 said:
I fail to see any justification on his comments. The disaster that devastated the area undoubtedly created tremendous stress on political leadership, but they cannot resort to transposing that frustration through hate, intentionally or otherwise.
I want to clarify that I wasn't attempting to justify his comments. What I was trying to do was to crack open a doorway to a line of discussion outside of "he's a fucktard and needs the boot".

I'm guessing the man hasn't had a decent night's sleep since the shit hit the fan. An ordinary man was slammed into an extraordinary situation overnight. That would test the limits of even the strongest-minded of individuals, I think.

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
Drifter said:
I want to clarify that I wasn't attempting to justify his comments. What I was trying to do was to crack open a doorway to a line of discussion outside of "he's a fucktard and needs the boot".

I'm guessing the man hasn't had a decent night's sleep since the shit hit the fan. An ordinary man was slammed into an extraordinary situation overnight. That would test the limits of even the strongest-minded of individuals, I think.
Granted, but it is times like this that seperates the good leaders from the bad ones. I believe that by making racial statements, he proved which he was.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts