Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does the m1 really suck? or does checa,abe,melandri suck?

let me first start off by stating that i'm a huge rossi fan. but i'm not naive either. so i just want some opinions. is the rc211v really better than the m1 and rossi is a god so that's the reason why he's leading the championship still, even on the yamaha? OR, are the honda & m1 even (honda faster straight line & yamaha better in the corners) and rossi is a great rider, it's just that checa, abe & melandri blow goats. i personally believe it's a good mixture of both theories, albeit, rossi is still a rock star. what do u guys think?

·
Just a Commuter
58 Posts
I think that the rider makes the bike. The bike doesn't make the bike, and the bike doesn't make the rider. Now on the other side if the tire makers could make a tire that Rossi couldn't burn off then I guess that would be a different story.

·
Writer of Wrongs
3,633 Posts
NoChickenStrips said:
let me first start off by stating that i'm a huge rossi fan. but i'm not naive either. so i just want some opinions. is the rc211v really better than the m1 and rossi is a god so that's the reason why he's leading the championship still, even on the yamaha? OR, are the honda & m1 even (honda faster straight line & yamaha better in the corners) and rossi is a great rider, it's just that checa, abe & melandri blow goats. i personally believe it's a good mixture of both theories, albeit, rossi is still a rock star. what do u guys think?
Rossi is that great and the RC211V is the best bike. Rossi’s M1 is better than Checa’s Abe’s and Melandri’s because he also has the best wrenchers in the paddock. The guys he pulled with him when he went to Yamaha. Without them he would be good on the M1 but not great.
The RC211V is a great bike in two words, Alex Barros. There is no way he would be able to even challenge Rossi if he wasn’t on a RC. He actually got in front of Rossi for a second before he crashed out earlier this season. I think it was in Spain. Plus the only M1 that can handle the corners better than the RC is Rossi’s.
Conclusion RC211V great, Rossi great.

P.S. Honda should have made Colin Edwards their no. 1 rider. Give him the good stuff first lets see what happens.

·
RLPoloArgyleSweaters,Son!
1,272 Posts
YOU SUCK FOR SAYING SUCK SO MUCH YOU SUCKY, SUCK, SUCKER! J/k Lets have a little word variation please! If you can only spell 4 letter words there's gotta be atleast 200 of them; try some of them out! :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
I would have to agree with the theory that Rossi makes the M1 good. Last year, he was able to basically blow everyone away on the RC211V, but now he actually has to work for a close win on the M1. It certainly does make the races very entertaining. :dblthumb

·
Registered
20 Posts
plurry said:
P.S. Honda should have made Colin Edwards their no. 1 rider. Give him the good stuff first lets see what happens.
puhlease...
For one thing, HRC has no say in who the #1 rider is. They supply the newest and best parts to whichever team they feel has the best shot at getting on the box. They just want to be well represented.
If Edwards shows more potential to bring home a championship then say, Hayden or Biaggi, Honda will begin to offer him the best support.
But Edwards has a long way to go to earn that type of respect.
Rossi is a FREAK. That's all there is to it. He might be the best ever. Time will tell, but if he seals the championship on the M1 he'll make a damn good case for himself...

·
Writer of Wrongs
3,633 Posts
chapter 11 said:
puhlease...
For one thing, HRC has no say in who the #1 rider is. They supply the newest and best parts to whichever team they feel has the best shot at getting on the box. They just want to be well represented.
If Edwards shows more potential to bring home a championship then say, Hayden or Biaggi, Honda will begin to offer him the best support.
But Edwards has a long way to go to earn that type of respect.
Rossi is a FREAK. That's all there is to it. He might be the best ever. Time will tell, but if he seals the championship on the M1 he'll make a damn good case for himself...
You better believe they have a say in who is no. 1. Repsol is Honda’s team everyone else are satellites. Edwards has a long way?!! A 2-time world superbike champion can’t get respect from the manufacturer who he won those titles for. No one has ridden the SP-1 or SP-2 better than he has. Since he left WSBK it is now called the Ducati World Cup.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i do absolutely agree that rossi's team is #1. i personally know, myself as a track junkie/occasional club racer who plays w/his own set ups, that an a+ team can give you the ability to show your full potential. cause when i get crazy w/my set up, i can really mess up my lap times

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i bet repsol is crappin their pants now. barros is crash-a-riffic. and last year we were all thinking it was just the yamaha. AND even w/all his dnf's, he still gets the new parts first. he got his 4 pipe rc 1 race before nicky & 2 races before max & sete. crap, colin is the only honda rider w/the original chassis from the beginning of the year. what a bunch of bs. sete hands biaggi his ass last year and has more wins this year and he still gets the parts at the same time as biaggi. nicky has more podiums, but barros gets the good stuff. hmmm, politics in world championships, is that a surprise? maybe, one day it'll be like f1.

·
Writer of Wrongs
3,633 Posts
NoChickenStrips said:
i bet repsol is crappin their pants now. barros is crash-a-riffic. and last year we were all thinking it was just the yamaha. AND even w/all his dnf's, he still gets the new parts first. he got his 4 pipe rc 1 race before nicky & 2 races before max & sete. crap, colin is the only honda rider w/the original chassis from the beginning of the year. what a bunch of bs. sete hands biaggi his ass last year and has more wins this year and he still gets the parts at the same time as biaggi. nicky has more podiums, but barros gets the good stuff. hmmm, politics in world championships, is that a surprise? maybe, one day it'll be like f1.
All good points my friend. How in the hell can Barros get the good stuff when he can’t even get a podium? I said it before, give Edwards the good stuff, and see what happens. Repsol should dump Barros pickup Edwards and keep Nicky.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Repsol is the #1 team. Repsol gets the option of the new HRC parts first. Unfortunately this mean Sete and/or Max cannot "officially" be the top riders for HRC. It will be interesting to see the personnel shuffle at the end of the season. Who will be riding for Repsol next year ?

Colin doing well, but definitely not HRC's number 1 boy. Do you believe HRC keeps him on the old chassis so he won't be as strong a challange to Sete and Max for the remaining points ? Got to wonder. You'd think Tamada would be last in line rather than Edwards.

MCN stated that Colin Edward's pit board asked him to slow down to trade spots with Sete. MCN stated Edward's didn't see the message. If true this gives you the pecking order at HRC telefonica.

Bottom Line: An awesome year to watch MotoGP. Rossi/Burgess trying to prove man is more important than machine, HRC trying to demonstrate the dominance of their machine.

As previously stated: HRC RC211V Great, Rossi/Burgess Great

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i can't remember where i read it, i think it was roadracing world mag. they were saying nicky is likely not to be a repsol rider. that's too bad. the only reason they should remove him is to replace him w/edwards or sete. i think barros still has at least 1 year left. then maybe hrc can send nicky back to ama to hand out some asses again. i'm sure checa is gone, he'll probably be replaced w/another spanish rider, dani pedrosa, sure to be 250 champ. or maybe ruben xuas. also crash-a-riffic. abe needs to leave too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Biaggi

I just keep thinking about when Biaggi rode the M1. He complained constantly. Now he is with Honda, and still can't beet Rossi. I have to go with Man over Machine. The guy is fun to watch.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i still like biaggi though. he rode his first streetbike when he was like 19. he's like the only racer who didn't race bikes since he was 5

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think the M1 is not a bad bike by any means, but it still does not work as well as the RC211V at most tracks. It seems that the M1 needs more setup work to get it go fast, but once it's there it can run at the front. One thing that the RC has on the M1 is top speed, you can see them making ground on the M1 down the long straights, which forces the M1 riders to brake later to avoid being passed.

As for silly season ideas/news. I think Abe/Checa/Melandri may be out next season at Yamaha. Possibly to make way for at least one American (Hopkins/Hayden/Edwards) and probably Randy DePuniet. Check out www.superbikeplanet.com/newind.htm for the latest rumors.

·
Registered
544 Posts
As far as Honda goes, I think Sete Gibernau and Max Biaggi should be their main area of focus in MotoGP. They have both been consistently good, Sete more so than Max, and until Gibernau's two crashes in a row, he had a good shot at the championship. Of course as many have said, Honda seems to be rampant with politics, as is any part of most large corporations.

Also, here is the direct link to what Lok was talking about: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2004/Sep/040901z.htm

Interesting rumors and very humorously written. I like this line: "For Abe and Checa, being on the same "team" as Rossi is probably a lot like being on the same carpentry crew as Jesus: even on your best day, everybody still thinks you suck."

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i heard biaggi & barros may swap places. gibernau to go to ducati in place of bayliss. good ol' rumors floatin about now. go shinya! look what he's done for the green team

1 - 17 of 17 Posts