Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
RIP SPEEDVISION...

Oh wait, speedvision died years ago.

Fox will still cram all their nascrap stuff on this channel. The only way I will mourn is if two wheeled racing goes away and doesn't get picked up by VelocityTV or someone else.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
RIP SPEEDVISION...

Oh wait, speedvision died years ago.

Fox will still cram all their nascrap stuff on this channel. The only way I will mourn is if two wheeled racing goes away and doesn't get picked up by VelocityTV or someone else.
I hope Velocity picks it up. But I'm not very optimistic.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
SPEED hasn't been SPEED for years now. They used to have nothing but racing, now it's Barrett Jackson squeezed between 18 hours of NASCAR and other stupid fucking reality shows that have nothing to do with "speed" much less racing. No reason for me to be paying a cable bill anymore. Fuck 'em.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I remember reading a good article about the inception of Speedvision a long time ago. It was something along the lines of the founder thinking "hey, there has got to be a good motorsports channel and if there is one, guys will watch it."

Then it was sold to the networks and it all went downhill from there.

I was glad that the idea of an all-NASCAR programming didn't happen. But it did start carrying some garbage stuff.

Still, channel 450 on Charter remains one of my favorite channels. I don't need to watch it all day every day. As long as I get MotoGP, F1 and other motorsports stuff, I'm good.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I sent the following to SpeedTV.com:

When you guys become a poor man's ESPN, will you be killing motorcycle racing, which will make me ban all FOX programming from my house or will you be dropping those stupid reality shows that you air instead of racing? Or is it possible, that someone at FOX has a 1/4 brain cell and realizes that Speedvision was awesome and you'll be turning Fuel into Speedvision?
I'll let you know if I get a response. Don't hold your breathe on it.

It should be noted, I can't think of anything I watch on any FOX network now. So, that was kind of an empty promise...

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
I sent the following to SpeedTV.com:

I'll let you know if I get a response. Don't hold your breathe on it.

It should be noted, I can't think of anything I watch on any FOX network now. So, that was kind of an empty promise...
not sure if they care. they own so many other outlets you're probably a customer anyway.
they also own hulu

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
not sure if they care. they own so many other outlets you're probably a customer anyway.
they also own hulu
I'm sure that they don't care one bit if I watch anything they broadcast. I don't have a Nielson box and I don't Hulu...

Plus, I rarely watch TV anyway. I used to turn on Speedvision and fade out. Now, I do that with Velocity or Travel.

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
Will miss WindTunnel. Also the MotoGP, Supercroos, WSBK, and AMA racing. I knew when show like Pass Time and Hard Parts started the end was near. I'm a NASCAR fan but the pre and post race shows were ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
As long as I can watch MotoGP, WSBK, F1, and AMA road and dirt, I'll be happy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 30 Posts