Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been reading about all the toxic chemicals they put in shampoo so I decided to try just massaging my scalp under water in the shower one time. The results are that my hair looks and feels just as clean as if I were to use shampoo, and my scalp doesn't accumulate flakes nearly as much. I recommend trying it and seeing for yourself.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
I've tried going a few days without shampoo but still showering, always ended up a greasy mess. but i know people who can go for days without properly washing their hair and they look fine. different body chemistry / hair types i guess.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
No. Our bodies develop a ph reaction and our diet doesn't help but if you stop taking it long enough your natural ph balance will return.

Foe me I look at ir like shaving. If I dont do it every day ill not want to do it for too long and scare people away more than usual. Besides we wear helmets...we need to.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Been reading about all the toxic chemicals they put in shampoo so I decided to try just massaging my scalp under water in the shower one time. The results are that my hair looks and feels just as clean as if I were to use shampoo, and my scalp doesn't accumulate flakes nearly as much. I recommend trying it and seeing for yourself.
You could always try using real poo...

KeS

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
If you think shampoo is bad, think of all of the toxic chemicals that naturally occur in vegetables.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
My conditioner to shampoo ratio is about 3 to 1. I could probably get by without shampoo and use a lot less conditioner.

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
I saw something on one of the TV news magazines a few years back about these wealthy elite socialite types in the E/W side of Manhattan who didn't wash their hair and didn't bathe a whole lot who were proclaiming how wonderful the lifestyle was, earth friendly etc. The usual BS. Also the whole "eat natural foods man" that alters the ph so you don't stink. One was primping herself in the mirror and you could tell she thought she was totally hot. They were all hideous!

They were living a lifestyle that they would mock all the hillbillies living in Arkansas about. Talk about out of touch. Shower and shampoo every morning and shower or bath every night.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Btw thats why I use weak shampoos like pantene or suave...so I can use it every morning.
You can really feel the effects when your hair is shorter than one inch. I regularly go from a fade (martin l king style) to about an inch and a half before another buzz.
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
I saw something on one of the TV news magazines a few years back about these wealthy elite socialite types in the E/W side of Manhattan who didn't wash their hair and didn't bathe a whole lot who were proclaiming how wonderful the lifestyle was, earth friendly etc. The usual BS. Also the whole "eat natural foods man" that alters the ph so you don't stink. One was primping herself in the mirror and you could tell she thought she was totally hot. They were all hideous!

They were living a lifestyle that they would mock all the hillbillies living in Arkansas about. Talk about out of touch. Shower and shampoo every morning and shower or bath every night.
twice a day is just ridiculous. people who shower only in the morning have nasty beds.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
twice a day is just ridiculous. people who shower only in the morning have nasty beds.
I shower twice a day, usually. Once in the morning, and once after a workout in the evening.

That being said, everyone has nasty beds. It builds up with ead skin, your sweat, etc throughout the night.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
I shower twice a day, usually. Once in the morning, and once after a workout in the evening.

That being said, everyone has nasty beds. It builds up with ead skin, your sweat, etc throughout the night.
I know people that claim they only shower in the morning. I could only imagine what the bed smells like.
why the morning? if you go to bed clean, you wear clean whatever to bed, you use clean sheets, you wake up clean?

btw, nothing relaxes me at the end of the day like a fresh from the wash sheets. gain or downy fabric softener and yeahhhh...

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
meh.
head n shoulders and a decent conditioner

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
A shower at night is great to feel fresh and clean to jump into a clean bed... however. A shower in the morning helps you wake up and feel clean for the day at work. I tend to do both and sometimes even have a shower in the afternoon if I have been doing any work outside or Riding the bike all morning.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I've been growing my hair out for almost a year now. If I shampoo it gets frizzy and terrible.

I have not shampooed my hair in 3 months now. Last time was just some Dr Bronners to help get some of the ocean salt and stuff out of my hair after snorkeling.

I get compliments on my hair too, it's not greasy, it just looks like hair

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Mine is at about a year n a half(ish?)
I couldn't go 3 days without shampooing it. greasy as all hell, I will not lie.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Suffer through 2 weeks, after day 3 it'll start to calm down.
You can rinse it briefly every other day to keep it in check without drying out your head too much.
I suggest you try!

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
no dude. it'd be impossible. with the amount I sweat at work, it is terrible.
I went conditioner only for a little while.
it was horrid.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts