Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Duc(k)
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading the New riders forum and it called riding a hobby. I dont think of it as that. I refer to it more of a sport and transportation. I was wondering how many of you think that way.

·
Livin' the dream
589 Posts
When I go for a ride for no apparent reason, its a hobby. When I ride to work it is transportation.

·
Duc(k)
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it all has to do whith what kind of riding you do. I like to go out and hit the twisties and commute all at the same time. So for me that would put me in the sport and transportation column. I was just wondering. I saw that and it got me thinking.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
to some. For me it is LIFE

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Yeah I guess it's a hobby when it's just a recreational daytrip.

But my bike is also my #1 transportation (don't even have a car on the road except my wife's), and primary means of vacationing.

I think bikes become more of a hobby when you start talking about collecting them just to have them, restoring old classics, tinkering / accessorizing just for cosmetics, etc. Not there is anything wrong with any of that though. Different strokes.

·
Duc(k)
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could never collect bikes. I would have to get them out and ride them at least once a month. But then is that really collecting.

·
Lost in the pickle matrix
1,544 Posts
definately not a hobby, obession is more like it.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I think riding is what you make it. It could be considered a sport, hobbie, past time, stress relife ect.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
hobby

·
Registered
297 Posts
This is the beauty of riding! It can be anything you want it to be. It can be a lifestyle, a hobby, a game, a sport, an obbsession, a love, a heartache for some. No matter what, it can be anything you want it to be! For me, it is everything in one. Depends on the day and my mood on what it is.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
id agree with the lifestyle quotes. i think motorcylce was one of my first words, and it just stuck....

·
Cheshire Cat
1,028 Posts
I don't know about 'lifestyle.' To me that just screams leather-chapped harley riders or jeans and wife beater squids.

Obsession, sport, much-needed adrenaline rush. Life sucks when I'm not riding.

·
Shitbike
9,822 Posts
rusaccord said:
I don't know about 'lifestyle.' To me that just screams leather-chapped harley riders or jeans and wife beater squids.
It's like the Jeep thing - "You wouldn't understand."

To me it screams getting up early so I can take the long way to work. It means taking a quick blast over the mountain on my lunch break. It means leaving work at the end of the day and gearing up to meet with other riders for a three-county ride until after the sun goes down, then finishing the day watching a MotoGP race.

It means taking a sick day during the week just to ride to another state for lunch.

Chaps and wifebeaters? :bitchslap

1 - 20 of 48 Posts