Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
THE LEAD.
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it just says the people around the gap are more insterested in rideing than posting. If the weather is not rideing worthy and the road is all nasty. Than there is no reason in posting up rides. The other goups have deals gap sub threads so we can talk about you on a local level.

Boo hoo dont cry. We will be there soon enough

·
Banned
218 Posts
YouTube - Dragon Wars: Got Freedom at Deals Gap?

The locals post at EastTnRiders.com and SmokyMountainRiders.com. But even they barely discuss the Dragon anymore. Police have infiltrated those boards, and police them heavily, using them to try to identify and arrest riders. Or at least kill any useful discussion of policing the police in order to save the Dragon.

How does this improve highway safety?

With the police state crackdown for the past 12 months, riders keep a low profile now, hoping that will drive the cops away from the Dragon. As if that ever worked before.

Cops perp head-on crashes with bikers on the Dragon

Video: Cobras versus Cops on the Dragon

The new T-shirts for sale: "318 tickets per 11 miles", and "18 cops per 11 miles", with 150 tickets per weekend. Even during snow season, 2 cops were writing tickets this month. At least we forced them to target cars and locals too, which causes a little blowback.

Trucks kill bikers on the Dragon

Trucks are still immune from obeying traffic laws on the Dragon, perhaps because TDOT contractors pocket up to $50,000 per truck crash. Or the cops take bribes from the Teamsters Mafia, letting trucks bypass the scales and checkpoint searches. Commercial trucks are banned on US441 and Foothills Parkway in Blount County, but not on the Dragon.

Video: TDOT says trucker blames biker for $100,000 crash on the Dragon

The ethnic cleansing operation is still in effect, with rumors of TDOT digging up the entire road to install water lines, perhaps for the new 5,000-acre "Nature Conservancy" VIP resort on the Dragon, that wants to ban all bikers to increase their profit.

My experience is that if every person fought every traffic ticket, there would be no more traffic tickets. Not on the Dragon or anywhere else.

That's what I do, and it's a lot more fun to win than lose in traffic court. And it's great experience for winning REAL trials in big cases, when a lot of money is at stake, rather than your mere Constitutionally guaranteed God-given Natual right to travel.

FTP on the Dragon, March 2008

Global-cooling season is almost over on the Dragon, but it does seem cooler and wetter than last year. Which is not a bad thing in July and August.

Video: Chillout on the Dragon at Deals Gap

Video: As the Rush Comes Dragon Mix by Motorcycle

·
THE LEAD.
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea I think the safer coarse of action would be ticket every vehicel left of the yellow line. If the trucks still want to go through they have to have an esort. that will keep everything safe.

·
Banned
218 Posts
Looks like another long season of police state death squads on the Dragon in 2008.

YouTube - Cobras versus Cops at Deals Gap

Lack of "law enforcement" for trucks, defective "guardrails" and missing ambulances killed 3 riders last year during the Police Surge, so the governor increased the number of police state death squads in 2008.

TAIL OF THE DRAGON EXCLUSIVE

The State of Tennessee is spending more than $200,000 of taxpayer’s money to add overtime patrols at the Dragon this summer. The Tennessee Highway Patrol is receiving a $75,000 grant and the Blount County Sherriff Office is receiving $125,000. These grants will last through the summer and end on September 30, 2008.

In 2007 Tennessee grants to THP and BCSO for overtime totaled $120,000 and were in force from July 1 to September 30. During this period we witnessed unprofessionalism on the part of both agencies - CLICK FOR COMPLETE 2007 TENNESSEE HIGHWAY PATROL FIASCO. The outright harassment of law abiding citizens cost Tennessee businesses millions of dollars in lost revenue. THP’s reputation was severely blackened, a major detriment to all enforcement agencies. Tail of the Dragon received some 1,000 complaints from riders and drivers many who promised not to spend a penny in the state.

Hopefully this year Tennessee will provide professional enforcement that will encompass both safety and goodwill toward tourists. Tail of the Dragon will be reporting their attitude on this site.

Last year we personally learned the importance of documenting LEO stops on video - CLICK HERE FOR OUR EXPERIENCE. We were cited for "holding a video camera while driving". Video proof that my cameras had no display showing resulted in a not guilty verdict by the judge. We recommend that you carry a video camera and turn it on when stopped. You will also likely get better treatment. For your information a LEO has no right to make you turn off your camera unless the area is declared a “crime scene”.

Please report your experiences with LEOs to us. Be sure to determine the correct agency, LEOs name, exact location, nature of the offense and the details surrounding the stop. There are many different enforcement agencies, especially on the North Carolina side. These include HP, SO, Park Ranger, TVA, Cherokee Tribal, Forest Service and Wildlife. We need to know who is involved.

Beware THP playing chicken at Deals Gap

1,000s of weekly photos from the Dragon
If cops were replaced with ambulances, then we would see an imporvement in highway safety. Guns are no substitute for first aid, and cops never render first aid. I've seen 10 cops at a crash scene, an hour before the first ambulance arrived. Cops declared a woman dead, and left my wife to try and help her standing the middle of a blind curve at night in a pool of gasoline. When the ambulance finally arrived, they found a pulse. The nurse died later at the hospital. No seat belt in a head-on crash. Oncoming car dropped a wheel off a defective roadway, then when back on the road front-wheel-drive caused loss of steering due to throttle-off- understeer.

·
Registered
175 Posts
danget this stough brings me down. I bought my bike to ride there. just wish they would give us a chance to have some fun without all the opresion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts