Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or do you also prefer talkin bout ridin and bikes in general with anyone but sportbike riders? Even Harley guys...

OK you guys are obviously the exception but damn....75% of sportbike riders where im from are literally Bags O' douche. The conversation rarely turns from wheelies and burnouts to a nice ride through a curvaceous road.

Kinda the opposite with every other type of rider i've talked too.

maybe a bit of a rant... and maybe beating a dead squid, but im curious if its like this everywhere?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ORLY?

I enjoy talking (and listening) about experiences, trips, other bikes.

PS What the hell are you all doing here then? Its ok to type about bikes but not talk? OR was there sarcasm that i missed out on?

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
ORLY?

I enjoy talking (and listening) about experiences, trips, other bikes.

PS What the hell are you all doing here then? Its ok to type about bikes but not talk? OR was there sarcasm that i missed out on?
:bitchslap I think you're being overly sensitive.

If you want to partake in a Motorcycle circle jerk, head on over to the FZ6 forum... :twofinger

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Arent you supposed to be the one taking a pic of him?:confused:

This is true, however I was thinking of taking a pic of a picture? eh... not bad ehhh? I can retain my stalkish noob rider fetish without ever leaving my seat (excepto to shit, piss and ride) :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like talking to other sportbike riders but few have the passion for the canyons that I do. Now my problem with the harley people is around here you start talking to them about rides and they tell start talking about all the bars they go to. You know the type went on this great ride and hit bar A, bar B, bar C, and yada yada... I tell them about the sick canyon ride I went on and they are like yea thats nice... So to tell you the truth I like talking to the BMW and gold wing crowd cauz sometimes they tell me about new roads and such....
rideco

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
When you run across a guy with 3" chicken strips on either side of his rear tire, and cord showing in the center; do not even try to discuss bikes. Talk about cappuccino (squids love this), oakley's or sandals.

I have met a few folks out riding the local roads while riding solo...and should have kept in touch, but did not...then I found SBN and the rest is history. Not only do we have group rides together when we can, we also can talk about bikes/riding/ whatever...

My point is to avoid tools and posers and you'll eventually wind up meeting people who are like minded. It sounds to me like you are trying to put the square block in the triangle (can't say "round hole" here due to unsavory responses). If you really want to talk with people who enjoy twisty riding and know and love bikes, attend a trackday.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I know what you mean. Everyone I have ever met through a sportbike related web site has been awesome. People I randomly meet who ride are generally posers. There are obviously exceptions to the rule, but even with personal friends of mine who ride. The ones on web forums tend to be serious about it. The ones who aren't are hanging out in front of starbucks trying to figure out how to cordinate their new gloves with their helmet/jacket/bike/boots etc.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
It seems having a bike is a open invatation for people I dont want to talk to me to talk to me...

I dont mind people asking questions if they have a slight idea what they are talking about, such as "hey, I see you are riding a SV, I have been thinking about getting one how do you like it?" or "Did you take the riders course, was it worth it? etc...

What bugs me are "how hard is it to do tricks?" or "how fast it your bike? I just wanna go fast" or "my brothers bestfriends GIXXER is like the most bestest bike ever".

IF someone has a semi thought out question I am happy to talk to them. But I dont want to talk to a idiot that just wants to waste my time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
the only thing people want to talk about to me is "how fast have you had it up to?" i say, "not very fast, i'm still trying to get good on it, besides the damn thing is supposed to do 186 or something which is a speed i'll probably never do becuase we don't have any long straight smooth roads!"

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Just getting on campus as a freshmen there are quite a few bikes up here. The only time I see them is when they come onto campus to cruise. There are some from where Im living now on a local forum but they are just into wheelies but most cant even do those.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yea I get the usual "how fast you been on that thing?" "is that a 1000?" or "can you do wheelies?" It just gets old when that is all you hear and nothing else.

·
Badabing!
4,088 Posts
I once was at a party and a few guys showed up on their bikes. We started talking motorcycles but before long I knew these were not the kinds of guys I would have a good conversation with. One guy said that the first thing he does when he gets a bike is to actually remove the rear brake lever.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
I once was at a party and a few guys showed up on their bikes. We started talking motorcycles but before long I knew these were not the kinds of guys I would have a good conversation with. One guy said that the first thing he does when he gets a bike is to actually remove the rear brake lever.
Removing brakes shaves unneeded weight. Not bro-science. Fact.

·
Part 3 begins
3,660 Posts
lol

\
no its not a 1000

no i dont need a 1000 *yet*

no i dont wheelie it often, i have a $1000 deductible on my insurance policy...wanna pay that when I smash my bike wheelying?

I havent done much over 110

That usually is my conversation with civilians

·
Just Kiss The Tip
3,017 Posts
Since we are quoting things that we've heard being said about our bikes...

Worker at KFC talking to other worker at KFC on my SV650...

"Yeah man, that's a 1000...I can tell by the way the front lights look..."

(embarassed that I know this but probably from watching one too many episodes of SuperBikes...but for those that maybe lurking and don't know, but people remove the rear brake lever and replace it with a front hand brake on the clutch side for stunting....at least that what I thought...I don't stunt so I really don't know).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts