Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All Litre Bikes Give or take ( Outside of the busa ) Feel slimmer and smaller than thier 600cc and 750 cc family members.
Ive owned two 600cc bikes..a katana and a 2002 gsxr 600 both now sold,and they were always slightly..bulky to me,comfortable but bulky.
Ive sat on both the 750 and 1000cc Gsxr's and the GSXR1K seems so much more thinner and smaller.
The 750 feels similar to the 600,
And on the yamahas the R1 "feels" smaller than the R6,Same goes for ducs 99X series.
I know,I know its a left field comment,but I dont know if it was just me,let alone if there is any difference at all on the initial build of the bike it self.
eh well thought id mention it and declare my insanity based off a couple responses.
:hshot

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I'll agree on some of what you said. On my F3, it seems so bulky next to the Erion 929RR. But I felt like the R6 and R1 felt the same. The GSXR 750 seems smaller then the 600 does, and I havent been on a GSXR 1000. so I cant compare. One thing is tho, on ALL Kawi models, minus the 250's, they are all big, wide, bulky, and heavy as hell. Meaning front heavy.

So no, your not insane, well not completely insane yet.. :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
They are very similar in dimension and weight, but I always thought the 600's still felt a little smaller. The katana is a non-issue, which I'm sure that you know, and the new 750/1000 feel smaller than the 02 gsxr600 also. IMO

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
I could agree with you for the Suzuki lineup. Although I had only road a 2001 750 once for about 10 minutes, my 1000 felt slimmer.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
the new R1 feels way better than my gixxer6. it seems to sit lower. yamaha did a good job on it. only if they put the pipe back on the side...

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Twinsen said:
I could agree with you for the Suzuki lineup. Although I had only road a 2001 750 once for about 10 minutes, my 1000 felt slimmer.
I thought so as well. Maybe I just can't remember how the 750. It's been a while. Maybe the power of the 1000 just made it feel lighter?

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I bought my ZX9 back in 99 I was in heaven. Compact, light and fast. Picked up a ZX-10R 2 months ago and the difference is amazing. As small and light as any of the 600's I have riden, and a HUGE set of balls:dblthumb . Manufacturers are getting pretty good at placing a lot of juice in a small carton. I really don't see them getting any smaller or much lighter than the current liter bikes, but then again, I think thats what I said when I got my 9.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
The ZX-10 feels like an over-large bicycle...

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sit on or ride a TLR you'll change your mind

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Granted, I haven't ridden a Japanese Litre bike yet, but when I test rode an XB12R, it did seem "slimmer" than my f2. I know it's got a shorter wheelbase, but the width of the thing seemed smaller. I didn't like that bike at all. It handled good, I wore the chicken strips right off of the thing, but that was the only good thing about it. It seemed TOO torquey, and WAY too uncomfortable. It would be a good bike if you only wanted to do like 100 mile days if even that. But back to the subject on hand, yeah, from my experiences, they do seem smaller.

·
Registered
152 Posts
ya, i think the newest bikes have better shaped gas tanks. it's not necessarily the frame. i don't know about the 03's & 04's, but all the previous gixxers felt fat.

·
Registered
394 Posts
With each model year the bikes get lighter and lighter. Obviously it will make a difference if you're comparing a 2002 GSRX600 to a current 2005 GSXR750. With most of the newer bikes weighing in now around 430lbs wet, I'm hoping we're done with making bikes as light as possible. Personally I like a bike with a little weight for stability at highway speeds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts