Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the last 2-3 days when I start to type this site into the address bar usually its the first to show up etc, but now it doesn't show up. and when I type in the address the rest of the way it takes me to Kelly blue book's site.

I've also noticed it doesn't show other sites I know exist when I search for them.

wtf is up with google lately? I'm about 2 days away from making bing my default search engine.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Sounds to me like you may have some sort of virus or spamware or whatever, if you're being redirected to commercial sites.

And I can't believe Bing is still around. It is soooo terrible compared to Google. I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone would voluntarily choose to use Bing. Blech.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Sounds to me like you may have some sort of virus or spamware or whatever, if you're being redirected to commercial sites.

And I can't believe Bing is still around. It is soooo terrible compared to Google. I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone would voluntarily choose to use Bing. Blech.
Bing is by far the best site for when i want to use livejournal, lycos, or alta vista.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
bing brings up more relevant results. google seems to care more about ads now than anything else. so you get results with the first 3-6 being a fucking ad site that is named after a real site and it's not the real thing.

bing maps sometimes show up better views of things. we use it at work about 8 of 10 times google's image isn't detailed enough. bing has a thing called bird's eye. which lets me rotate around a object to see it from other directions. like if I need to see if a house has a garage door etc. on bing's maps you can see this kind of thing. google's images are straight down. and if there is no street view you're out of luck.
(we had to put things like this in reports to lenders and who wants to drive out to a place to see if it has a garage).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts