Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is 2:30 AM. I was just awaken with a phone call. Was asked if I knew wether or not everyone that rode tonight got home ok. Supposedly there was a rider going down cleavland heights that lost it at a very high rate of speed, got airborn, and got split by tree. I'll get back on and post up any info I get but I know the ledger won't have anything first thing in the morning because it's past their deadline. Post up if you are ok people. Kind of unsettling when I know it could be someone I know.
 

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok.....it's not anyone I know a 18/19 year old on a 2002 yamaha. Still sad to hear. RIP.

Stay safe guys.....
 

·
Plunder, THEN burn!
Joined
·
314 Posts
I have had more than one friend crash on Cleveland Heights. Unless it was stunting somewhere, it is usually at that fun little 'S' curve south of Lake Miriam Drive.

The southernmost part of the curve has negative camber and sand, and is followed by trees, telephone pole and a creek that drains Scott Lake. It will take you out if you don't slow down.

RIP my young friend. The rest of you ..... take it easier!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Didn't get a chance to see the paper this morning. 'Near Glendale Street' ... that was the first place that came to mind when I first read this thread a couple days ago. I know the two sets of S-curves in the Scott Lake area can be trouble if you're not paying attention .. expecically with busy Fitzgerald dumping blindly into in right in the middle of the one set ... but that curve near Glendale can really be a bad spot .. it's a quick curve that will be on you before you know it, the road isn't very wide, and it has curbs on both sides ... and at 105MPH as listed in the article .. wow. You know he was really moving along if the bike ended up where it is in the photo ... that fence in the background looks like the golf course, and that's like .25mi or more from the curve.

RIP
 

·
...What speed limit sign?
Joined
·
244 Posts
that sucks. RIP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
bigkawi said:
that photo is at the police impound lot
Thx. That also explains the car next to the bike. I haven't been up that way on CHB for a week or two, and since we didn't see anything around Scott Lake coming in from the mines yesterday evening, I kinda put 2 and 2 together and figured that curve was where it must have happened. Bad times indeed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
ZXRon said:
Didn't get a chance to see the paper this morning. 'Near Glendale Street' ... that was the first place that came to mind when I first read this thread a couple days ago. I know the two sets of S-curves in the Scott Lake area can be trouble if you're not paying attention .. expecically with busy Fitzgerald dumping blindly into in right in the middle of the one set ... but that curve near Glendale can really be a bad spot .. it's a quick curve that will be on you before you know it, the road isn't very wide, and it has curbs on both sides ... and at 105MPH as listed in the article .. wow. You know he was really moving along if the bike ended up where it is in the photo ... that fence in the background looks like the golf course, and that's like .25mi or more from the curve.

RIP
The fence in the back ground is behind the police station where they moved the bike to be examed ( notice the other burned up car to the right), I talked to the guys who worked the kid and said when they pulled up they pretty much called it. He was in two seprate parts of the yard. The bike hit a tree and exploded, he hit another and pretty much did the same. The scene was cleaned up and gone by 7 o'clock am
 

·
Red Dragons
Joined
·
2,887 Posts
It is very sad,but why does that article have to go on about how sportbikes are so unsafe and are "a loaded gun"?There was more in that article coming down on sportbikes than there was about the kid that died.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
DEMIAN1970 said:
It is very sad,but why does that article have to go on about how sportbikes are so unsafe and are "a loaded gun"?There was more in that article coming down on sportbikes than there was about the kid that died.
Sad and unfortunate but true!
I know i did some stupid stuff when i first started riding and got away with it.
But more and more inexperienced riders are buying race ready bikes right out of the box and just dont know how to control what they have.
I`d say over half know how to haul ass straight but wouldnt have a clue how to handle a sudden car pulling out or pedestrian or animal in the road.Most young riders and bikes just dont go hand in hand.
To be blunt about it :squid + :smilierr +Sometimes :beer = :(
Just not many other ways to look at it.
JMO though.
 

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
marlboro r-1 said:
Sad and unfortunate but true!
I know i did some stupid stuff when i first started riding and got away with it.
But more and more inexperienced riders are buying race ready bikes right out of the box and just dont know how to control what they have.
I`d say over half know how to haul ass straight but wouldnt have a clue how to handle a sudden car pulling out or pedestrian or animal in the road.Most young riders and bikes just dont go hand in hand.
To be blunt about it :squid + :smilierr +Sometimes :beer = :(
Just not many other ways to look at it.
JMO though.
Spot on. I surprisingly agreed with the article. The biggest thing is respecting what they have. I know I didn't when I first got my bike. And sure enough I was put on my ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,971 Posts
marlboro r-1 said:
Sad and unfortunate but true!
I know i did some stupid stuff when i first started riding and got away with it.
But more and more inexperienced riders are buying race ready bikes right out of the box and just dont know how to control what they have.
I`d say over half know how to haul ass straight but wouldnt have a clue how to handle a sudden car pulling out or pedestrian or animal in the road.Most young riders and bikes just dont go hand in hand.
To be blunt about it :squid + :smilierr +Sometimes :beer = :(
Just not many other ways to look at it.
JMO though.
O so true :eek:
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top