Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
zx12r muzzy aluminum fans, muzzy billet reed block off plates, dynojet pc iiir, the bike dies at a stop after running for awhile and is warm. Could this be the throttle position sensor?

·
Banned
32 Posts
It is probably not your TPS. Try adjusting your idle speed up first, if that doesn't help you should consider re-setting the throttle (make sure you get 0 and 100) with your Power Commander software and then maybe try adjusting the fuel % in your map at 0 and 10% throttle position and at the lower rpm ranges. If your bike was running fine before your mods it's probably not your TPS. You didn't mention whether you have a full system or just an end can, simce you did the block off plates I assume you went with the full system. I don't think it is unusual for your idle speed to drop when the bike is warm and the weather is really hot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
it's the muzzy pipe, I am always adjusting my idle to keep mine running, since I switched from the akro to the muzzy. My bike was dyno tuned wiht the pc3 and the tps has been set, throttle bodies have been synchornized, and I still have to play with the idle

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bet late than never to respond, just muzzy exhaust, w/ jardine rt1 slip on, gonna try remapping the bike with my buddy and let you know what happens, I live in hell and its hot here. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts