Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good online stations you guys recommend? It doesn't have to be all old school but you get the idea...real rock. I need some streaming fuel for the gym and riding.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
It's been a real long time since I listened to music like that. I could probably get a fix from satellite. If your phone plan has got enough I'd go sirius online, but beware streaming music gobbles up data.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had pandora way back but it never got used to my eclectic tastes. My station was called 'Marvin Gaye' due to my lack of creativity and it never got over it I suppose. I kept trying to get international songs blended in too but that's another story.

I might try a new Pandora station, one with fast stuff (rock n rap) and one for chill shit (cruising or at work).
I'll try Slacker too. I'm sure both have apps for the phone, right?

·
runnin dis bish
2,024 Posts
Slacker has more music than Pandora (or at least they claim?)

If you pay for slackers service you can cache stations so you can play music when you don't have service. That was the primary reason I went with them and with some tweaking I've created some stations that I really enjoy and can use anywhere.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Youtube has monthly releases of just about any type music you want. I convert them to MP3 and put them on a chip for when I'm walking and working out.
Here is a youtube to MP3 converter;
YouTube to MP3 Converter - Fast, Free - ListenToYouTube.com

Here is the world wide #1 song. I doubt that it has ever been aired in the USA. Bouncy enough to work out to. If you squint just right and the light is a little dim, it looks almost like Rock and Roll. Technically, I think it's called Vocal house. Or Trouse for Trance/House Music. I think it is Rock 'n Roll by a group that lost their guitars in shipment.

There are better covers. I like the Rank 1 cover and start my workout with it.
There are hour long pre-canned workout sessions.
Not to mention "Call on Me". That is better for watching. Debbie Berry raise the bar on 'HOT'. Among other things.:goody

Reactions: PCHbreeze

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You should buy a Delorean because you seem to like talking about the past.
In one thread I talk about old music, and that means I like talking about the past? Go read any one of your threads and read the replies you inspire, and tell me, what does that make you?

I'll accept your criticism since its baseless. You'll go ahead and continue to reject the perception of most people here? Good luck with life. Even if you are a 12 year old pretending all the bs you type, you're just as pathetic as the person you pretend to be.

Just snap out of your delusions and wake up, be a man.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Any good online stations you guys recommend? It doesn't have to be all old school but you get the idea...real rock. I need some streaming fuel for the gym and riding.
knac.com =P I know you can stream online, but not sure via mobile. Otherwise I'd probably go with Pandora and try to get a station setup for what you want to hear. I've actually been thinking about the same thing myself since I'm going to attempt to start running again (read walk, jog, walk, jog... until I get back into it) I've got 80 or 90 gigs worth of music though so I'll have plenty to choose from.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
You should buy a Delorean because you seem to like talking about the past.
Please remind us how old you are again? What one person listens to, may not nearly be the same as someone else. I'd probably take Megadeth, Ozzy, Anthrax, Maiden, Slayer, etc over half of the shit they try to pass off as "metal" these days. I'm assuming KROQ is your station of choice, half of which I'd barely call music. More like repetitive chords and someone talking.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
music - definition of music by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

"mu·sic (myzk)
n.
1. The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre.
2. Vocal or instrumental sounds possessing a degree of melody, harmony, or rhythm.
3. a. A musical composition.
b. The written or printed score for such a composition.
c. Such scores considered as a group: We keep our music in a stack near the piano.
4. A musical accompaniment.
5. A particular category or kind of music.
6. An aesthetically pleasing or harmonious sound or combination of sounds: the music of the wind in the pines."

There is no bad music. There is just music you don't like. In my case it is Country 'n Western and Rap. C&W was invented to put cows to sleep. It still does. Rap evolved from music created to arouse the natives. It still does. I can respect the tradition behind the music AND the effort the artists put into it while loathing the music itself. So I do.:barman

1 - 14 of 14 Posts