Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting facts about the country we're flying over daily.

Just in case you might think of Iraq as only an oil-rich nation, ruled by an evil dictator for thirty years, whether it has been supporting terrorists or may not be very important, here are a few important facts regarding the history ! and roles that this nation has p layed down through history.

DID YOU KNOW?

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq. (It sure doesn't look much like Paradise on earth today thanks to Saddam.)

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor which is in Iraq.

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which i s in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq!

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq. (That's good news to know that Jesus has been in Iraq, too, as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)

14. Belshazzar, the King of! Babylon, saw the "writing on the wall " in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadne zzar, King of Babylon, carried the captive Jews into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq. (Where are the "wise" men today?)

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a city in Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one? Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in the Bible are Babylon, La nd of Shinar and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means "between the two rivers," more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq means country with deep roots. Indeed, Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible. Here's why.

* Eden was in Iraq--Genesis 2:10-14
* Adam and Eve were created in Iraq--Genesis 2:7-8< BR>* Satan made his first re! corded appearance in Iraq--Genesis 3:1-6
* Nimrod established Babylon and the Tower of Babel was built in Iraq--Genesis 10:8-97; 11:1-4
* The confusion of the languages took place in Iraq--Genesis 11:5-11
* Abraham came from a city in Iraq--Genesis 11:31; Acts 7:2-4
* Isaac's bride came from Iraq--Genesis 24:3-4; 10
* Jacob spent 20 years in Iraq--Genesis 27:42-45; 31:38
* The first world Empire was in Iraq--Daniel 1:1-2; 2:36-38
* The greatest revival in history was in a city in Iraq--Jonah 3
* The events of the book of Esther took place in Iraq--Esther
* The book of N ahum was a prophecy against a city in Iraq--Nahum
* The book or Revelation has prophecies against Babylon, which was the old name for the nation of Iraq--Revelation 17 & 18

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated with it than Iraq.

And also...

This is something to think about! Since America is typic ally represented by! an eagle, Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages. Th e following verse is from the Quran, (the Islamic Bible):

Quran (9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair, still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.
(Note the verse number.)

·
Banned
519 Posts
All the more reason to blow if off the f*cking planet!

haha, jk.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
That's cool.I knw some of it but not all the details.

·
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just want to let everyone know that the Qur'an Verse is not real....

That Verse 9:11 is actually about repentance... and there is no mention of Eagle in the whole Qur'an

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
You will never, NEVER find an accurate translation of the Qur'an. People who read it daily believe that it would be a transgression to translate it, and the people who would otherwise translate it respect the sanctity of the text.

Don't believe everything you read on the 'net.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
My son lives 10 min from Abrahams birth place.

I'm on the phone with him right now and was reading him the facts.

·
Registered
82 Posts
very interesting facts. It's nice to hear something about Iraq w/out the sentence "Another marine died today in Iraq..."

RIP all of our fallen troops and thank you to the ones over there right now.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Alot of your "facts" seem to be based on something (the bible) that itself cannot be proven as fact.

If you're proving facts with something that can't be taken 100% as a fact, then the facts you're "proving" are just assumptions.

Or, in more of my own words, since you're using the bible to prove your facts, you're using a fictional novel to try and convince me of real things that happened.

Example:

How can you say it is fact that the Garden of Eden was in Iraq, when nobody can even prove the Garden of Eden truly existed??

·
Registered
14 Posts
funny how iraq is the birthplace of civilization, and its still there, whereas the rest of the world has moved on and no longer cares about religious wars, beheading, and sand houses.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
acidsamuraix said:
funny how iraq is the birthplace of civilization, and its still there, whereas the rest of the world has moved on and no longer cares about religious wars, beheading, and sand houses.

This is true.

It seems that the birthplace of civilization was there, and then the civilization in the area never advanced.

The country (and region in general) seems to be stuck in a time that the rest of the world has long left behind. Basicly, they seem "less civilized" to me than the rest of the world.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ordie said:
(It sure doesn't look much like Paradise on earth today thanks to Saddam.)
Yeah, it's interesting how civilization's original "breadbasket" is now almost completely desert. Saddam isn't responsible, though; the problem goes back much further. The explanation I've heard put forth is that overuse of saltwater irrigation (driven by local overpopulation) salinized the soil to the point that nothing will grow there any longer.

·
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I didnt write it guys.....I just posted it..

I thought it was interesting.

Take it for what you will.... some just read further into than others.

·
I &#9829; &#9792;
2,764 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
Alot of your "facts" seem to be based on something (the bible) that itself cannot be proven as fact.

If you're proving facts with something that can't be taken 100% as a fact, then the facts you're "proving" are just assumptions.

Or, in more of my own words, since you're using the bible to prove your facts, you're using a fictional novel to try and convince me of real things that happened.

Example:

How can you say it is fact that the Garden of Eden was in Iraq, when nobody can even prove the Garden of Eden truly existed??
Even if EVERTHING in that book was proven to be "fact", people still wouldn't believe half the shit printed in there. There has already been alot both in the Old and New Testaments already been proven as fact. Not EVERTHING, but alot.

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:

:lol OK.....if you REALLY want to go there, prove to me, right now....and I mean right now, that a million dollars exists.

Cause I'v never seen it, so therefore it CANNOT exist. It does exist? M'kay, then come to my office RIGHT NOW and show me that one million dollars exists...I want to see it for myself to KNOW FOR SURE it exists

We know the garden of eden existed because there is written record of it. Whether you accept written record or not, thats up to you and what you require as "proof"

Hagios said:
You will never, NEVER find an accurate translation of the Qur'an. People who read it daily believe that it would be a transgression to translate it, and the people who would otherwise translate it respect the sanctity of the text.
this should serve as a warning sign to everyone in the first place......if it cannot be translated, then how can it be explained

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:

Example:

I dunno, I lived right outside the ruins for 10 weeks this year. Actualy went to the tombs where the hanging garders were reported to be. One of the reported places in Iraq for the hanging gardens.

T

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
So, given that it contains BS about the Quran, it would seem to be a little pro-Christian propoganda eh? Are we ever going to move beyond religious bickering? That's right, I forgot. We are Crusading as we speak. Because God told our president to.

And during the last two months, one of our soldiers has died (on average) every day. I had to find that little fact on Canadian news.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts