Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since some of our other threads were growing b***** and b***** I thought I would add one more to the list. This one will be for upcoming rides and we can post the pictures and the ride comments under each one separately. Just a thought.

Tommorrow, Sunday morning ride will start at my place at 9:30. The plan originally was to make it a short one as I thought I would be in the office later in the day but looks now as though I am free for the whole day. So 550 to Athens for lunch and who knows from there.

Post up and let me know if you are joining us.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ferris, sure hope you got my phone message and you are able to join us. Let me know if you think you will be coming along.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yup, I got it. I'll be there on time.

·
Track Trash
1,313 Posts
I heading out at about 9:00am this morning. (Sunday) I can only ride for a couple hours because I am working on one of my rental houses so someone can move in next Sat. I haven't had a day off in 17 days and this is how I get to spend it. Anyway, I am going 676, 339, 60, 83, 78, 821, 339, 676 so I probably won't pass you guys. Ron, I have received the last couple of calls on my cell phone and I just can't seem to hook up with you guys. Conflicting schedules I guess. Anyway, I'm not trying to be rude by not returning your calls, I just haven't got them untill several days later. Hope you all have a fun and safe ride, keep the shiny side up. Later, Mike

·
Registered
106 Posts
Is anyone going out on Sunday the 21st? I got access to the Superchicken and if the weather is good, I'ma itchin to go ride. Won't be able to leave till after noon though...

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
thompsonian12 said:
Is anyone going out on Sunday the 21st? I got access to the Superchicken and if the weather is good, I'ma itchin to go ride. Won't be able to leave till after noon though...
Ron is suppose to be back by noon for a ride. I let him know you want to go if he gets back. Not sure if the others or going or not

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don't think I have enogh tires left for a ride. I start back on nights that day so I'l probably be alseep.

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
Ferris said:
I don't think I have enogh tires left for a ride. I start back on nights that day so I'l probably be alseep.
I dont think I have enough bike left :cry

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
ZRX Mike said:
Anybody going to the bike show at Der Daug Has in Parkersburg. Sunday 8/21 at 3pm, I think. See you there.
yep i'm going its at 1pm i guess or is that just to register?

August 21 - Bikers United For Make-A-Wish Der Dog Haus Benefit Bike Show. Registration 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. at Der Dog Haus, East 7th Street, Parkersburg, WV. $10.00 per entry. Bike Classes: Big Twin, Touring, Metric Cruiser, Custom, Sportster, Classic, Sport Bike. Judging by the public. For more information contact: Mike - 481-0523, Chad - 679-3939, Matt - 672-2335, Mike - 428-0414. All proceeds go to benefit Make-a-Wish. Email [email protected]

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Guys, what do you think about a ride this weekend. Kevin suggested a trip across Rt 250 sometime. Sunday's weather is looking pretty good but slightly on the warm side.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If we do go on the RT 250 trip sometime it will have to be a leave early kind of day. You figure it takes a couple hours of riding just to get to Moundsville to get to RT 250, then you're looking at least another 2 hours riding it, then having to come back home. I just figured it'd be a good trip sometime, and alot more convienent for John and Justin since they wouldn't have to come down here.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I won't be able to make it this weekend, gotta work Sunday.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe 250 is a bit much then tomorrow. How about the route 16, 33, 14 trip again? Or, how about 14, 33, 21? We have not done that one in a while. It is about 120 miles and other than 14 not too bad. Or 47, 16, 33, 14 or 21 to end?

I am wide open for suggestions,guys. We could do 800 then 26 back into Marietta. I would just hate to see Officer Seabolt again too soon. If somene else wants to pick a route just shout out. I'm wide open. But Kevin is right, the 250 ride will have to be on a day we can get out pretty early.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wixxy, ask the folks how they like Spagna's. I have a mutual acquaintance with your Dad and Bonnie who was sharing a hilarious story about their last visit.

·
Track Trash
1,313 Posts
I'm leaving for Deal's Gap, Cherohala Skyway etc. Tues at 5:00am. Gonna ride Wed thru Sunday and come back Monday. Camping all week at T.W.O. (twowheelsonly.com). I hope that stupid storm in Florida doesn,t come to GA. There goes that new set of Michelins I just bought!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:cheers Hey Mike sorry we missed you. Patrick, with his broken collar bone and sprained ankle, could not wait to take the new Honda 919 out for a ride. So we took what was supposed to be a leisurely stroll across 550 on the spur of the moment this afternoon. Needless to say once Mr. Davidson got the ponies cranked up underneath him he was keeping a pretty modest pace across 550. Don’t worry Patrick, I’m not going to squeal to Heather, just don’t let her read this post.

I tell you what though, Athens has some of the most beautiful scenery this time of year. Ahhhh, the prelude to autumn in a college town.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rockin Ron said:
Wixxy, ask the folks how they like Spagna's. I have a mutual acquaintance with your Dad and Bonnie who was sharing a hilarious story about their last visit.
Uh oh.....not sure I want to hear about it.....lol

Sorry I missed rides today. Out on calls all last night so left the station this morning with no sleep. I learned a long time ago that me and riding tired equals bad riding.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts